• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Now that the big three auctions are over, are we going to see a 'bump' in the Centaur thread :baiting: , or are you playing it close to chest a little longer, which means we're gonna have to wait a little longer for the 'unveiling' of Super rarities that may have been 'possibly' snagged by you sir. :popcorn:

Now that the big three auctions are over, are we going to see a 'bump' in the Centaur thread :baiting: , or are you playing it close to chest a little longer, which means we're gonna have to wait a little longer for the 'unveiling' of Super rarities that may have been 'possibly' snagged by you sir. :popcorn:
:whistle:

I certainly didn't win them all, because several were just potential upgrades for me, but if I didn't have a copy at all, then I did try to win them :wishluck:

Hey Rick,

So in your experience, in the last two to three years, are you seeing a premium being paid for old label versus newer label books on equivalent grades?

I believe that some CPR folks , if they do their due diligence and get grader notes that reveal "pressable" flaws will pay a premium... outside of that, it is just a "myth" from what I have seen (bid on, bought, etc)....

sure there are examples of old label selling higher, but there are as many examples of new labels selling more.... it still should go back to the "buy the book, not the label" if you are purchasing as a collector...

if you are purchasing as a reseller, then your milage may vary

Hey Rick,

So in your experience, in the last two to three years, are you seeing a premium being paid for old label versus newer label books on equivalent grades?

I believe that some CPR folks , if they do their due diligence and get grader notes that reveal "pressable" flaws will pay a premium... outside of that, it is just a "myth" from what I have seen (bid on, bought, etc)....

sure there are examples of old label selling higher, but there are as many examples of new labels selling more.... it still should go back to the "buy the book, not the label" if you are purchasing as a collector...

Thanks Rick. Your insight is helpful as always. (thumbs u

Hey Rick,

All teasing aside, Gator is an fountain of knowledge on any scale. :headbang:

Hey Rick,

:o

Hey Rick,

Well, you are a wealth of knowledge. :blush:

Speaking of fountains, I never got around to asking the market value of a raw cleaned copy of Hello Pal #1, no other work done. :baiting:

Hey Rick,

(thumbs u

Hey Rick,

Well, you are a wealth of knowledge. :blush:

Speaking of fountains, I never got around to asking the market value of a raw cleaned copy of Hello Pal #1, no other work done. :baiting:

:sick:

Hey Rick,

except sports trivia