• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hey pal, HUGE win last night!! I guess heres the question...were you able to attend? Congrats either way I watched as much of it as I could they looked pretty solid (thumbs u
I took my son to a basketball camp so we had to watch on TV

Hey pal, HUGE win last night!! I guess heres the question...were you able to attend? Congrats either way I watched as much of it as I could they looked pretty solid (thumbs u
I took my son to a basketball camp so we had to watch on TV

Sounds like a Win/Win!! (thumbs u

Hey Gator. What happened?

After beating East Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky by a touchdown or less they totally abused Ole Miss. Did they just get players back from injury/suspension? Was Ole Miss just way overrated? Did the Gators just start to gel now?

Oh, and can they keep it up? What's your over/under on wins this year?

GAtor, why does God hate my Dallas Cowboys this year?

After a good year last year, and a promise of good things to come, suddenly our QB is out, our number 1 WR is out, our number 1 or 2 RB is out, our number 1 defense player suffered a concussion tonight, our star-rookie DL is out, and the list goes on.

It's like playing with both arms tied behind your back. Blindfolded. With your shoelaces tied together. And with a wedgie. While suffering from the black plague.

Can you fix this?

After a good year last year, and a promise of good things to come, suddenly our QB is out, our number 1 WR is out, our number 1 or 2 RB is out, our number 1 defense player suffered a concussion tonight, our star-rookie DL is out, and the list goes on.

It's like playing with both arms tied behind your back. Blindfolded. With your shoelaces tied together. And with a wedgie. While suffering from the black plague.

Can you fix this?

ive heard the CFL is pretty exciting.

Can you fix this?

I knew I could turn to you for wisdom. :signfunny:

Well, I am from Canada, so I guess it's CFL and the Blue Jays for me.

Can you fix this?

lol:sick:

Can you fix this?

I knew I could turn to you for wisdom. :signfunny:

Well, I am from Canada, so I guess it's CFL and the Blue Jays for me.

Blue Jays yes, Raptors yes, but the CFL has never had the same appeal for me as the NFL.

G.A.tor,

I would like to purchase and/or trade for a book that I'd like to keep very long term. I was thinking of an All Star Comics 8.

1) Is this a good book to invest in long term? What grade? Does page quality matter for this old book?

2) Where could I find one? Do you know someone who has one for sale and/or trade? Better yet someone in Canada.

3) What other book(s) would you recommend as a long term investment?

Hope you can help

G.A.tor,

I would like to purchase and/or trade for a book that I'd like to keep very long term. I was thinking of an All Star Comics 8.

1) Is this a good book to invest in long term? What grade? Does page quality matter for this old book?

2) Where could I find one? Do you know someone who has one for sale and/or trade? Better yet someone in Canada.

3) What other book(s) would you recommend as a long term investment?

Hope you can help

1-yes...pretty much best grade you can afford...cr/ow or better is preferable

2-right now, auction houses best bet to locate one...I don't know of any dealers selling outright at the moment

3-any character you like, first appearance...

Mmehdy: What grade will it be in? Is it your copy?

Living in Canada, any book crossing from the USA hurts due to the customs fees. We Canadians not only have to pay a 31-37 percent exchange rate but also get hit with another 15 percent customs fee!

I bought from Comic Connect and HA.com before and they don't help the customer lower the value declared. ComicLink is really the only company that helps and understands international buyers. I wish the other companies would do the same in the near future.

Thanks for replying Mmehdy :) We have a great community online!

Not graded yet... It probably will go to the other grading company...should be on market in about 3 months, not my copy but I do know the owner . Question .. If you go to New York comic con and buy a comic and bring it back do you still have to pay import fees, the exchange rate is what is is,,, if you get it by mail I suppose it's different... Are you not allowed to bring back a certain amount after going to us, the good news is you should not have to pay sales tax which is 10%! In New York.., good luck..