• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hey Rick, what do you think the future holds for mid run non Villain GA Batmans like issues 17 to 60?
lately, prices have been on the rise...a cheaper alternative to the mega keys that keep getting priced out of the avg collectors budget...I see good things continuing

Rick, have you increased your vertical to over 40" but using those training tapes?
if I get a foot off the ground, I'm lucky these days lol

Have you ever sold a lot of super high end books to collectors that you've never seen from again? I'm curious how many amazing collections there are out there that will likely never be seen from again.

Similar question, of the books over 20k that you've sold, what % have reentered the market?

on the 20K+ books I've sold to other dealers, most all reenter the market...the ones I've sold to collectors, rarely reenter...

most of the high end guys I've sold too I'm still in contact with...and there are a LOT of great books out there that are not public knowledge...

find this thread so helpful...

regarding pre-robins i grabbed a 30 recently and have considered waiting for the other non-bat covers to show up in my desired range and then making a run at them. now have 30 and 37. while my long term (looooong term) goal is to acquire the full run and i dont plan on selling any time soon i am curious of the non-bat cover upside going forward. my dealings are in the G range for the most part. cool or meh?

thanks bud

Gator, how were your Hake's results?
right in line with expectations...some went higher than expected...some lower, but overall right on target

What's the current rate for a decent looking 4.0 copy of Captain America #74 (PQ cream or better) and how much of a change in price over the next year would you expect?
4-4500 give or take...minimal increase if any...

find this thread so helpful...

regarding pre-robins i grabbed a 30 recently and have considered waiting for the other non-bat covers to show up in my desired range and then making a run at them. now have 30 and 37. while my long term (looooong term) goal is to acquire the full run and i dont plan on selling any time soon i am curious of the non-bat cover upside going forward. my dealings are in the G range for the most part. cool or meh?

thanks bud

avg upside, but nothing dramatic

whats action 1 entry level (universal) in this market. a we looking at half a milly ?
not yet. An entry level copy just sold 115k a few months ago

Hey Rick,

So for Action Comics issues 2 to 20, what are your top 5 covers?

Really like 12...

My favs tend to be

No 15 or 13?

15 would be 6th. 10&13 are not impactful to me

Hey Rick,

So for Action Comics issues 2 to 20, what are your top 5 covers?

Really like 12...

My favs tend to be

No 15 or 13?

15 would be 6th. 10&13 are not impactful to me

Gotcha. Thanks Rick. (thumbs u