• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

That sounds familiar.

I remember there were NOT a lot of booths with single digits Action Comics in them. I did see one, however, that caught my eye. I recall it having maybe 3 single digit Actions (including an 8). More impressive was I believe this booth also had at least 6 copies (probably more) of Superman #14.

If memory serves me right, that was "New Force".

I think I remember saying to myself, "I need to look them up online and see what they have".

If that was your booth, it was the most impressive one I saw!

Yes. That was us. Last year we Had action 2,3,7,8,10,13,15 etc. always stock supes 14/17 etc

Someone mentioned an Action #13 sale of a poor 0.5 for 15K

No way this is a 30K per point book ............... or is it? What say you - what is a reasonable PPP on this book? Looking for some Gator insight as this book is hardly ever for sale ..

entry level does not follow logical ppp

Still a 10k+ ish per point book

That sounds familiar.

I remember there were NOT a lot of booths with single digits Action Comics in them. I did see one, however, that caught my eye. I recall it having maybe 3 single digit Actions (including an 8). More impressive was I believe this booth also had at least 6 copies (probably more) of Superman #14.

I think I remember saying to myself, "I need to look them up online and see what they have".

Yes. That was us. Last year we Had action 2,3,7,8,10,13,15 etc. always stock supes 14/17 etc

My mistake, there very well could have been 4 single digit Actions (and obviously others 10 and above too numerous to mention).. I remember going home and telling my wife about a booth with so many Superman 14s. I was in awe. She probably didn't care, but listened anyway (lol).

If I knew how to post those clapping hands and such that people post on here, I would do so now. Your booth was beyond compare. Hats off to you.

Now I regret not stopping by. I just figured I would look you up on line after the show, but I recall having some trouble with that for some reason (probably my poor computer skills).

You see I rarely buy too many books at shows anymore, due to the fact that so many of the dealers (not saying you) jack up their prices at the show in order to have room to negotiate. I hate negotiating. I will go to a show, see what I like, and then often contact the seller after the show to see if they still have the book and what the price is. If the price is acceptable, I buy the book.

Last year I left the Baltimore convention with only one book in hand, however, I know I purchased at least 3 or 4 more after I got home and contacted the respective owner(s). Regrettably. this strategy did cost me one book that I wanted and that was sold before contact was made.

If I knew how to post those clapping hands and such that people post on here, I would do so now. Your booth was beyond compare. Hats off to you.

:golfclap:

I got your back Rich. (thumbs u

Thanks Keith.

One day I should learn how to use a computer....

Thanks Keith.

Hit "Quote" in the post you want to reply to. In the band of icons above the text box is a smiley face emoticon. Click on it and there will be a popup with available emoticons. (thumbs u

And given that my inventory is not online you've got to secure a deal at a con or on these boards with me :)

When are you going to have sales thread on the boards Rick?

outside of the more fun run its been about 3 years since a sales thread from us. Maybe in oct hm

Someone mentioned an Action #13 sale of a poor 0.5 for 15K

No way this is a 30K per point book ............... or is it? What say you - what is a reasonable PPP on this book? Looking for some Gator insight as this book is hardly ever for sale ..

entry level does not follow logical ppp

Still a 10k+ ish per point book

Exactly where I had it pegged in my mind - thanks Bud

Thanks Keith.

Hit "Quote" in the post you want to reply to. In the band of icons above the text box is a smiley face emoticon. Click on it and there will be a popup with available emoticons. (thumbs u

Hey it works! :banana:

Thanks again, Keith.

That sounds familiar.

Yep, Rick always has the goods.

Edited by thedude

And given that my inventory is not online you've got to secure a deal at a con or on these boards with me :)

When are you going to have sales thread on the boards Rick?

outside of the more fun run its been about 3 years since a sales thread from us. Maybe in oct hm

:banana:

Hello Rick!

With your great market pulse. What do you think detective comics 69 the tec 31 joker version

is worth in unrestored condition per point... 1k per point?

Thanks!!

ive been paying around 2k a point for low to mid. Sold a higher grade at more than 4K a point

Thanks Keith.

Hey it works! :banana:

Thanks again, Keith.

No problem, but boardie Sqeggs deserves all the props.

Hello Rick!

With your great market pulse. What do you think detective comics 69 the tec 31 joker version

Thanks!!

ive been paying around 2k a point for low to mid. Sold a higher grade at more than 4K a point

wow! im really off. thought it was 1k a point for low to mid amd 1.5k for higher grade!

would you conside a 5.5 mid or higher? this issue is tough in above 6.0

Hello Rick!

Thanks!!

wow! im really off. thought it was 1k a point for low to mid amd 1.5k for higher grade!

its about as mid as it gets

Hello Rick!

Thanks!!

its about as mid as it gets

so 11k for a 5.5

thanks. ill have to ponder these new prices.

have a great sdcc Rick!