• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Fox books like wonder world 7&8, fantastic 22, weird 1, science 4 etc

Mlj has some great ones too. Jackpot 4, zip 22,33&34, hangman 5 etc.

Great choices. Appreciate your elaboration on the question.

I've seen jumbo comics #8 in 1938 listed as his first cover and spirit #9 in 1947 as his last. Curious if you'd agree or had another idea since neither I believe are set in stone.

And as my former Science teacher would say, it's obvious you haven't been paying attention in school again. Wasting all your time thinking about weird and fantastic things in that wonder world of yours. You've forgotten all of the Fine and beautiful things that you learned in Science 1, Science 2, and Science 3. (tsk)

It's detention time for you again after school today. lol

Seriously though, greatly appreciate your thoughtful insight as always! (thumbs u

BTW: What's the current PPP for Jackpot 4 as until the past few years, it always seem to be the ugly stepchild to both Pep 22 and Archie 1? hm

Starting in January I have set the goal of attempting to get one copy of the following key books in the 4.0 or so range each year besides my regular purchases. A bucket list within a bucket list if you will. So assuming I stick to this only one each year how would rank the order I should pursue them based on possible price increases and difficulty finding copies. These are my top 3 but I suppose I might add to it later but for now these are currently at the top for me.

The books: Captain America's Weird Tales #74

All Winners #19

Hit comics #5

I'll start looking for the first of these in about 6 months if everything stays on schedule so...????

Motor City had a 3.0 at 4K but from what I've been told that's way up market.

Easily the biggest $ nut to crack of the three.

HA Cap 74 auction

Yeah, I've been watching that auction to see what it ends up at. To early for me right now. I'll probably turn over some under copies of books over the next few months to get ready for the likely 4K + that book will take. I've owned an All Winners #19 before but this would be my first Cap #74.

Dear Gator,

1. In your opinion, what are the Top-10 most valuable GA Superhero books, and their current FMV in say, CGC 1.0 Universal?

2. Amongst the Top-10, which positions if any, do you expect to change in the next 10 years?

Dear Gator,

1. In your opinion, what are the Top-10 most valuable GA Superhero books, and their current FMV in say, CGC 1.0 Universal?

2. Amongst the Top-10, which positions if any, do you expect to change in the next 10 years?

1.0 or 3.0 or 5.0...should be the same list

action 1

detective 27

superman 1

batman 1

captain America 1

marvel 1

all star 8

action 7

detective 31

whiz 1

an argument could be made to replace whiz 1 with pep 22...6 one way, half a dozen the other...with shazam picking up steam, went that route

I'd say whiz 1 and all star 8 will surpass marvel 1