• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

#'s 16, 17 and 20 nosed out the others by a few grand: A more and more appreciated 1st appearance (17) an already recognized 'classic' cover (20) and a newly minted rising classic (16) -yes i've got a horse in that race, but that was some significant finish for #16 imho.

The 20 was the one I had my eye on ... and an eye was about all it was, given where it finished! :D

Yeah, but it would've been SOME sales thread you would've had after :baiting: (sigh)

#'s 16, 17 and 20 nosed out the others by a few grand: A more and more appreciated 1st appearance (17) an already recognized 'classic' cover (20) and a newly minted rising classic (16) -yes i've got a horse in that race, but that was some significant finish for #16 imho.

The 20 was the one I had my eye on ... and an eye was about all it was, given where it finished! :D

Yeah, but it would've been SOME sales thread you would've had after :baiting: (sigh)

Ain't that the truth! :D

The first thing that comes to most every collector when asked about pep 22 is

A)first Archie

B) classic war cover

My guess is A by an overwhelming %

Absolutely.

And I still think it's a top book, but that all depends on how we define top 10.

If it's just top copy then I'd expect the Church #22 to sell for a record number and beat out many of the top 10 GA books.

A)first Archie

B) classic war cover

Absolutely.

And I still think it's a top book, but that all depends on how we define top 10.

If it's just top copy then I'd expect the Church #22 to sell for a record number and beat out many of the top 10 GA books.

If we are defining top 10 in terms of sale value then you have to compare apples to apples.

So you would have to ask yourself if a 9.6 mile high pep 22 would realize a higher price vs a 9.6 mile high All-Star 8? And so forth

A)first Archie

B) classic war cover

Absolutely.

If we are defining top 10 in terms of sale value then you have to compare apples to apples.

So you would have to ask yourself if a 9.6 mile high pep 22 would realize a higher price vs a 9.6 mile high All-Star 8? And so forth

Corvette vs lamborghini (shrug)

A)first Archie

B) classic war cover

Absolutely.

Agreed.

A)first Archie

B) classic war cover

Absolutely.

nope. Not if the contention is that pep 22 deserves to be in front of all star 8. Straight up , head to head...."car vs car" (or comic vs comic in this case)

Pep 22 only has Archie going for it really thats all. 220mph AS 8 Wonder Woman DC 270mph IMO

Dont get me wrong its a harder book to find and a great book to have just dont think its in the same class with AS 8 but not far behind. WW is hot last couple years and not really slowing down. only my thoughts hm

'only Archie'

lol

Archie may just be as recognizable in American pop-culture as any other character.

AND it's a tough book to find.

I don't want to hijack GAtor's thread but it's a serious contender.

Pep 22 only has Archie going for it really thats all. 220mph AS 8 Wonder Woman DC 270mph IMO

Dont get me wrong its a harder book to find and a great book to have just dont think its in the same class with AS 8 but not far behind. WW is hot last couple years and not really slowing down. only my thoughts hm

I edit my post but not my op

'only Archie'

lol

Archie may just be as recognizable in American pop-culture as any other character.

i would put it 11-13 for sure. On a rare day maybe 10

'only Archie'

lol

Yes it is but thats all (tsk)

A)first Archie

B) classic war cover

Absolutely.

nope. Not if the contention is that pep 22 deserves to be in front of all star 8. Straight up , head to head...."car vs car" (or comic vs comic in this case)

To each their own!

Archie is more than enough as it's one of the few characters that have been published continuously since his first appearance all the way back in 1941. I would also place it ahead of AS 8 based simply upon its relative supply and demand ratio.

In other words, although the demand for AS 8 is higher than the demand for Pep 22, the supply of Pep 22 is most certainly only at a fraction of the supply of AS 8. It is conceivable to find some dealers with multiple copies of AS 8's for sale, while at the same time, you could walk the entire convention floor and not see a single Pep 22 for sale anywhere. hm

A)first Archie

B) classic war cover

Absolutely.

To each their own!

Archie is more than enough as it's one of the few characters that have been published continuously since his first appearance all the way back in 1941. I would also place it ahead of AS 8 based simply upon its relative supply and demand ratio.

In other words, although the demand for AS 8 is higher than the demand for Pep 22, the supply of Pep 22 is most certainly only at a fraction of the supply of AS 8. It is conceivable to find some dealers with multiple copies of AS 8's for sale, while at the same time, you could walk the entire convention floor and not see a single Pep 22 for sale anywhere. hm

Ya i would agree with that Pep 22 is hard to find 25 to 1.

Pep 22 with only 23 cgc copies would be the rarest if it were to be in the top 10.

All Star 8, sens 1, Ww1 were cold as ice before talk about her movie apperance and movie.

People were even saying shes a woman so doesnt really count as a super hero. I could find these in my my old posts.

Pep 22 and Archie 1 has always been in demand by serious collector's The Dentist has both Church Mile High cooies and paid a pretty penny for them. Thats why the Pep 22 didnt sell in the last ha.com auction.

I suspect with the new Archie TV series on The CW january 26th will air. These books will rise in value due to renew demand and scarcity comapared to other top 10 books.

Maybe 10-1, not 25-1

I threw that out there without any real idea but sounds like 10-1 is more like it.

Happy Bird day G.A.Tor (worship)

along that sentiment I hope everyone has a Wonderful Thanksgiving with their friends and family and loved ones!

Maybe 10-1, not 25-1

I threw that out there without any real idea but sounds like 10-1 is more like it.

Happy Bird day G.A.Tor (worship)

along that sentiment I hope everyone has a Wonderful Thanksgiving with their friends and family and loved ones!

(thumbs u