• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Second tier are not as solid as first tier, and rightfully so

Best "investment" books are the high demand books that are still semi affordable to the avg ga collector. action 15,23, bat 18,47, etc

Thanks again for the advice.

Already have Batman 18 and 47. Now the search starts for Action 15 and more importantly 23.

every title has a few good ones. Ww is 6&7, superman is 14,17 , aa is 61, as has 33,36 etc etc

Already have Batman 18 and 47. Now the search starts for Action 15 and more importantly 23.

If you like the origin expanded / origin retold books, Action 158 (1951) is an underappreciated one. In addition to the usual origin elements, it syncs up Superboy and Superman continuity for the first time -- by connecting them with the now-famous 'Jonathan Kent's dying moments' scene, with Jonathan telling Clark he's ready to go forth and be Superman now, basically.

It's a nifty stepping stone from the Golden Age to the more continuity-minded days of the Silver Age.

Best "investment" books are the high demand books that are still semi affordable to the avg ga collector. action 15,23, bat 18,47, etc

every title has a few good ones. Ww is 6&7, superman is 14,17 , aa is 61, as has 33,36 etc etc

How about Superman 24, 26, 53, Batman 8, 9, Cap 13, 26, 28, 36, Action 58, Adventure 42, 44, Human Torch 23, More Fun 61, 77? Am I on the right track with those?

If you like the origin expanded / origin retold books, Action 158 (1951) is an underappreciated one. In addition to the usual origin elements, it syncs up Superboy and Superman continuity for the first time -- by connecting them with the now-famous 'Jonathan Kent's dying moments' scene, with Jonathan telling Clark he's ready to go forth and be Superman now, basically.

It's a nifty stepping stone from the Golden Age to the more continuity-minded days of the Silver Age.

Thanks for the heads up

I think Superman 53 is also an underappreciated origin book.

Edited by lemonman5

How about Superman 24, 26, 53, Batman 8, 9, Cap 13, 26, 28, 36, Action 58, Adventure 42, 44, Human Torch 23, More Fun 61, 77? Am I on the right track with those?

they are all fine examples

Me too...

batman18.jpg

talk about being one-upped - WOW! and I thought my copy was pretty good....

I think you need to change your name from "Nearmint" to "Just about as perfect as any copy has existed on Earth ever"

+1

And based upon the front cover only, why is that copy not graded higher than a NM+ 9.4? ???

Me too...

batman18.jpg

talk about being one-upped - WOW! and I thought my copy was pretty good....

I think you need to change your name from "Nearmint" to "Just about as perfect as any copy has existed on Earth ever"

+1

And based upon the front cover only, why is that copy not graded higher than a NM+ 9.4? ???

Probably something not on the front cover. :baiting:

Is there a particular GA genre or title you see as a good choice from a speculation perspective. I would like to start a GA collection but at the same time offset my lack of discipline when it comes to my SA collection.
Gl and flash are probably undervalued in the grand scheme of things, but they might stay undervalued for a long time to come.

Naturally there are certain issues I gravitate towards to purchase with intent to resell at some profit margin, but I can't exactly reveal them now, can I :)

Is there a particular GA genre or title you see as a good choice from a speculation perspective. I would like to start a GA collection but at the same time offset my lack of discipline when it comes to my SA collection.
Gl and flash are probably undervalued in the grand scheme of things, but they might stay undervalued for a long time to come.

Naturally there are certain issues I gravitate towards to purchase with intent to resell at some profit margin, but I can't exactly reveal them now, can I :)

Start a paid newsletter :baiting:

Thanks Gator! (thumbs u

Are books with classic covers without mainstream superheros good to invest in (ie: Mask 1, 2, Terrific Comics 5, Spirit 22, etc) ? Or are they too obscure and too niche of a market?

Edited by lemonman5

Are books with classic covers without mainstream superheros good to invest in (ie: Mask 1, 2, Terrific Comics 5, Spirit 22, etc) ? Or are they too obscure and too niche of a market?

They have historically done fine.