• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Second tier are not as solid as first tier, and rightfully so

Best "investment" books are the high demand books that are still semi affordable to the avg ga collector. action 15,23, bat 18,47, etc

Thanks again for the advice.

Already have Batman 18 and 47. Now the search starts for Action 15 and more importantly 23.

every title has a few good ones. Ww is 6&7, superman is 14,17 , aa is 61, as has 33,36 etc etc

How about Superman 24, 26, 53, Batman 8, 9, Cap 13, 26, 28, 36, Action 58, Adventure 42, 44, Human Torch 23, More Fun 61, 77? Am I on the right track with those?

they are all fine examples

Are books with classic covers without mainstream superheros good to invest in (ie: Mask 1, 2, Terrific Comics 5, Spirit 22, etc) ? Or are they too obscure and too niche of a market?

They have historically done fine.

Thanks again for the help!

Second tier are not as solid as first tier, and rightfully so

Best "investment" books are the high demand books that are still semi affordable to the avg ga collector. action 15,23, bat 18,47, etc

Thanks again for the advice.

Already have Batman 18 and 47. Now the search starts for Action 15 and more importantly 23.

every title has a few good ones. Ww is 6&7, superman is 14,17 , aa is 61, as has 33,36 etc etc

How about Superman 24, 26, 53, Batman 8, 9, Cap 13, 26, 28, 36, Action 58, Adventure 42, 44, Human Torch 23, More Fun 61, 77? Am I on the right track with those?

they are all fine examples

Are books with classic covers without mainstream superheros good to invest in (ie: Mask 1, 2, Terrific Comics 5, Spirit 22, etc) ? Or are they too obscure and too niche of a market?

They have historically done fine.

Thanks again for the help!

No secret terrific 5 is one of my all time fav books

How were your Hake's results?
not as good as round one but overall average

They seem to get reasonably good money for their auctions from what I've observed in the way of BA/SA/GA stuff.

They seem to get reasonably good money for their auctions from what I've observed in the way of BA/SA/GA stuff.

The key book this time around was the Larson All Star 4. I made a little run at it, but wasn't willing to go all out. Very nice book, though.

You are right that even though it seems crazy for someone to consign a book like that to Hake's, the hammer price seemed pretty good for the consignor.

The key book this time around was the Larson All Star 4. I made a little run at it, but wasn't willing to go all out. Very nice book, though.

You are right that even though it seems crazy for someone to consign a book like that to Hake's, the hammer price seemed pretty good for the consignor.

I think Rick was referring to his Megos in the previous 2 auctions..am I right? Hakes is a perfect venue for those!

Edited by archiefan

I think Rick was referring to his Megos in the previous 2 auctions..am I right? Hakes is a perfect venue for those!

yes. Megos. I rarely consign any comics anywhere.

I won two Aurora model kits :banana:

Well, if we're taking over Gator's thread with Hake's wins ... I won the 1935 King Features promo booklet that this is from. Way too cool to pass up.

image_zpsszvdjcre.jpeg

I won two Aurora model kits :banana:

Well, if we're taking over Gator's thread with Hake's wins ... I won the 1935 King Features promo booklet that this is from. Way too cool to pass up.

image_zpsszvdjcre.jpeg

Lovely.

Agreed, the Gators just earned the privilege of being crushed by the Crimson Tide.

Given how Ohio State and Michigan played today, we may as well just crown Alabama now and move on.

But ... playing Chattanooga in week 11?!?