• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, comicjack said:

Dear Gator.

Your thoughts about the uptick on the Dynamic 8, is it coming into its own.The recent CL auction had it stated as one of the most

sought after books and it did get $1400 for a 1.5. I know you like that one too your thoughts are always appreciated as a dealer :blush:

It seems all the classic covers are getting an uptick these days. Dynamic 8 would be considered undervalued when one considers copies rarely surface for sale , so it only takes 2 wanting a copy to really hit prices 

3 hours ago, sacentaur said:

rick, can you comment on current market trends for early Quality books (Crack, Feature, Hit, Military, National, Police, Smash, etc)?

The classic books from national (like 7,16) have seen a big surge. Military has been a "Cold" title for some time and I haven't seen any increase in prices or demand? Police had some speculators last year, but that hasn't taken hold either imo

smash, crack, feature all seem pretty constant to me

8 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

It seems all the classic covers are getting an uptick these days. Dynamic 8 would be considered undervalued when one considers copies rarely surface for sale , so it only takes 2 wanting a copy to really hit prices 

Thanks Rick

21 hours ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

Hi Gator. I asked in the Centaur thread , maybe you didn't see it. Detective Picture Stories # 5 , is this book commanding crazy money nowadays? Bruce Wayne prototype? I remember seeing one on Link and the seller was asking crazy money for one. I don't know if it ever sold though. There is a Funny Pages also like that . Bruce Wayne Prototype.  Thanks.

Funny pages 3/1 (I will post mine soon) is another of the proto books that folks are asking crazy money for but that no one is buying

1 hour ago, jahagans said:

Dear Gator,

Any idea on the current market value (price per point) for Superman 1 and Bats 1?

specifically lower grade blue labels.

thanks !

Batman 1 has been 30-35k a point avg

superman 1 has been 50k or so a point. 

Entry level will vary

12 hours ago, Red84 said:

Rick, who you got as your final four and overall champion?

Smart money is duke, nc, Oregon, Arizona 

wouldnt shock me if duke won it from that group

Edited by G.A.tor

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

Gator,

Is there any chance that the just discovered Suspense 3 is not the Mile High copy?

Not according to Borock. He is 100% sure it's the mile high 

Any idea what an Eerie #1 ash-can (warren pubs) first and/or second prints right around fine should cost on the market.

Also are you attending SDCC this year?

If so, what booth?

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Not according to Borock. He is 100% sure it's the mile high 

Thanks. It's just that it turned up so unexpectedly. 

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Thanks. It's just that it turned up so unexpectedly. 

Actually, it's been there all along..... we just became aware of it unexpectedly.......:baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

9 hours ago, N e r V said:

Any idea what an Eerie #1 ash-can (warren pubs) first and/or second prints right around fine should cost on the market.

Also are you attending SDCC this year?

If so, what booth?

Admittedly I have never seen an eerie ashcan sell. 

I will be at San Diego con like I have been every year since 1988 :banana:

and can probably be found somewhere between the Bunky brothers booth and bedrock city, but I am not setting up this year per se