• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:

By entry level copies, I think Gator is referring to the really low end like 0.5 and 1.0 or so, where there are a lot of folks that just want a copy of a book which drives up the prices of such lower end copies, such that they might fetch more on a PPP basis than copies a bit higher. I believe Gator has mentioned that the PPP concept works best around the say 2.0 to 5.0 or 6.0 (might depend on the book), after that, the PPP can go up exponentially. At least that's my understanding. I'll hand in my paper to professor Gator and see how I scored.  : )

You've paid attention my Padawan lol

So if I was to inquire about the PPP of a book it might be wise to ask you price points in 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 and 9.0 to get a good idea of a books full spread.

That sound about correct?

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

So if I was to inquire about the PPP of a book it might be wise to ask you price points in 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 and 9.0 to get a good idea of a books full spread.

That sound about correct?

Entry level will certainly be unpredictable at times. Lower to mid grade generally follow a general guideline. Mid grade might vary. High grade is generally exponential 

1 hour ago, X_Phile said:

Gator, 

Do you come across any Fiction House Ghost Comics 6 in you dealings? If so what are mid grades trading hands for these days?  Hard to find much sales data. Thanks 

X

Haven't seen one in years I'm afraid 

17 hours ago, X_Phile said:

Gator, 

Do you come across any Fiction House Ghost Comics 6 in you dealings? If so what are mid grades trading hands for these days?  Hard to find much sales data. Thanks 

X

Rick has one in his sales thread right now if you're looking for one or possibly ask/sales price.

4 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I haven't run a sales thread in years (shrug)

10 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Ghost Comics 6- 6.0- $2750 

This is the big one and will close out my listings for today. Glossiest copy in existence? Some tanning on inside covers. Some chipping on back cover. Pretty dang awesome otherwise. 

IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4970.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

The other Rick. lol

I'm new enough here that I haven't seen a Gator sales thread, but have no doubt that it would an epic event.

Also, and apologies for the cross-post, but in the silver age thread for OPG keys hierarchy, someone questioned why OAAW 83 is a Top 20 book, and Gator responded that it's always a consistent seller above guide when he gets one for sale. Yesterday eBay backed him up on this with the sale of an unslabbed vg/fn copy going for well over the OPG fine price (result screen shot below). Further proof that Gator is a far better arbiter of pricing that OPG OR GPA!

image.png

I've only been around posting (slowing back then) since 2011 but I think this could be his last or nearly last (?) sales thread from 2013.

"please don't quote me gpa, etc... I don't base what I buy and sell my books at, relative to gpa...I based them relative to what I pay, and most of the time, the mark up is minimal...that said, if a book doesn't sell after a bit, I am certainly open to listenting to offers!

I also want to note that I am doing this in my office in store...sometimes I get "distracted" with customers and might make a mistake (glaring or not)...so, I want to caution that I reserve the right to correct a mistake, if I make one ( lol ) "

Edited by N e r V

2 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I must have been off those days!

They are definitely not going to my comic shop either!