• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

On 26/04/2017 at 1:47 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

Gator, I'm relatively new to this era but am into WW II covers: flags, war bonds, patriotic themed, etc. I'm not into Schomburg, Captain America, All Winners, and so on. I recently got a Don Winslow war bonds cover, a Captain Marvel Uncle Sam cover, but missed out on a Raboy Captain Midnight flag cover. What are a few overlooked but really interesting covers I should consider?

Welcome aboard! You might like this thread. PM me if you want to talk about them!

I can't get an opinion over in the Grading/Restoration thread so i turn once again to Gator for an informed opinion.

I'm pretty sure that a book with serious missing story art (1/3) page would get a dreaded .5 Incomplete grade - true?  I'm thinking about that Flash Comics 1 on ebay that was graded .5 due to an incorrect back cover.

BUT, what if the book looked like a 7.0 or so, and had the missing artwork professionally restored?   Would it be deemed "complete" and receive an apparent grade (taking into consideration the quality of the artwork)??  Here I'm thinking about the ton of books where large pieces of the cover have been replaced with the necessity of new artwork and have restored  grades based on the "apparent look" and overall condition of the book.

Your opinion (as always) is greatly appreciated...(thumbsu

8 hours ago, burntboy said:

I can't get an opinion over in the Grading/Restoration thread so i turn once again to Gator for an informed opinion.

I'm pretty sure that a book with serious missing story art (1/3) page would get a dreaded .5 Incomplete grade - true?  I'm thinking about that Flash Comics 1 on ebay that was graded .5 due to an incorrect back cover.

BUT, what if the book looked like a 7.0 or so, and had the missing artwork professionally restored?   Would it be deemed "complete" and receive an apparent grade (taking into consideration the quality of the artwork)??  Here I'm thinking about the ton of books where large pieces of the cover have been replaced with the necessity of new artwork and have restored  grades based on the "apparent look" and overall condition of the book.

Your opinion (as always) is greatly appreciated...(thumbsu

I believe it would maybe grade a 1.0 or the restored apparent grade :)

Good afternoon Gator!

I am wondering if you can advise the current approx. price per point for Tec 31.

Has this book nearly caught up to Bats 1 in pricing? Or still significantly behind it?

thanks!

23 minutes ago, jabats said:

Good afternoon Gator!

I am wondering if you can advise the current approx. price per point for Tec 31.

Has this book nearly caught up to Bats 1 in pricing? Or still significantly behind it?

thanks!

It's 20-22500 roughly (non entry)

bat 1 is 30-35

26 minutes ago, jabats said:

No doubt. Seems like some books appreciate monthly versus yearly right now.

of course it won't last but there's no arguing with the market...

Don't fight the tape! 

Unless you can figure out a good way to short GA keys. :)

1 minute ago, jabats said:
9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Don't fight the tape! 

Unless you can figure out a good way to short GA keys. :)

I wouldn't short them :)

I'd at least buy some puts ....

12 minutes ago, SushiX said:

Mr.gator

If we end up bidding on the same books in the coming auction "jon berk" do i stand a chance against you?? LOL.. 

Let's hope we don't have to find out. lol

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:
1 hour ago, SushiX said:

Mr.gator

If we end up bidding on the same books in the coming auction "jon berk" do i stand a chance against you?? LOL.. 

Let's hope we don't have to find out. lol

(tsk)(tsk):makepoint::makepoint::roflmao::roflmao:

Edited by woowoo