• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 in 9.4 goes for $800??

184 posts in this topic

the language as noted, is very similar to the Nigerian 419 spammers particularly on the x-men 1 auction I looked at earlier

Shipping will all be done by USPS Post Office here in Prescott Arizona to you my freind!!

SELL what you love lols but it is true sad

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU TIME TREMENDOUSLY & HOPE to be able to PROVIDE YOU with my A+ CUSTOMER SERVICE GURANATEED!!

You may be on to something there. Hope this isn't the shape of things to come on ebay...

definately typed by someone whos 1st language isnt english..

Definitely typed by someone whose first language isn't English.

pretty sure he has already "shut down " (thumbs u

I hope they didn't shut him down before he received his engagement ring.

It would be a pity that all this negative didn't produce a little positive. :(

I wonder how he will pop the question. hm

Are these buyers not covered by eBay buyer protection? I have filed for it several times and gotten my money back without having to go through PayPal.
they are only covered in so far as ebay/paypal can retrieve the "stolen mula" from the sellers paypal account... once that account is emptied, the buyers only recourse is to hope they funded with their CC and do a charge back, and even then, paypal will put that negative balance on the buyers account, basically rendering the buyer unable to use that account again!

Are these buyers not covered by eBay buyer protection? I have filed for it several times and gotten my money back without having to go through PayPal.
they are only covered in so far as ebay/paypal can retrieve the "stolen mula" from the sellers paypal account... once that account is emptied, the buyers only recourse is to hope they funded with their CC and do a charge back, and even then, paypal will put that negative balance on the buyers account, basically rendering the buyer unable to use that account again!

What about that insurance that they say buyers have? If 10 people get scammed 1000 each and there's only 5k in the account doesn't the paypal insurance/buyers protection kick in?

I just went to that site and read:

1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service) in effect means you waive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal account

I don't think this would hold much water in any court. You can't waive rights just because you use a service. In the end they'll have to refund the money if you fight them hard enough. I would also tack on the amounts that I had to spend to get them to do it too.

eBay has revamped their buyer protection. eBay now reimburses the buyer's money directly and then they seek reimbursement from the seller. It is a lot better than the old/worthless paypal "buyer protection."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

That's not the case anymore. EBay covers you regardless, as long as the auction and payment fall under the rules covering their buyer protection program.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html#overview

eBay has revamped their buyer protection. eBay now reimburses the buyer's money directly and then they seek reimbursement from the seller. It is a lot better than the old/worthless paypal "buyer protection."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

Much better. I actually got a refund! (thumbs u

It makes buying on eBay far safer than it was before.

PayPal gets cranky when you do a chargeback. I think it is because it comes directly out of the PayPal corporate account, not the account of eBayer that stiffed you...., PayPal will then have to work to get their money back from that person.

I always use a credit card to pay someone I don't know, either on eBay or the boards. Thankfully, I haven't had to do a chargeback in about 5-6 years.

1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service) in effect means you waive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal account

I don't think this would hold much water in any court. You can't waive rights just because you use a service. In the end they'll have to refund the money if you fight them hard enough. I would also tack on the amounts that I had to spend to get them to do it too.

PayPal gets cranky when you do a chargeback. I think it is because it comes directly out of the PayPal corporate account, not the account of eBayer that stiffed you...., PayPal will then have to work to get their money back from that person.

I always use a credit card to pay someone I don't know, either on eBay or the boards. Thankfully, I haven't had to do a chargeback in about 5-6 years.

The price of doing business. Paypal has to eat it sometimes. If Paypal was really doing its due diligence it would freeze any account with a single negative feedback immediately. It would stink for the seller, but life is life.

That's not the case anymore. EBay covers you regardless, as long as the auction and payment fall under the rules covering their buyer protection program.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html#overview

good news...I was unaware, as the only time it happened to me, I was forced to do the chargeback deal and had to start a new paypal account...