• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore's Walking Dead Post TV Show OA asking prices are....

550 posts in this topic

1.) Big red were one price last week.

2.) A show promoting big red came out in the interim.

3.) An unsolicited email was sent to you that read, "Hey! We now have big red in stock."

4.) Big red have now increased in price exponentially because we are finding it hard to part with them because they are close to our... um... heart.

However, outside of that, I'm just not feeling it, dude.

Jim,

These pages were NOT for sale last week. John was quoting numbers from over a year ago. You have no basis to say that the rose from last week to this week. It's just false and an assumption based on speculation.

Also, everyone who got that email had emailed Tony and Kara about WD or their art, or signed up to be emailed on their site. John admitted as much. HE INITIATED CONTACT with them last year, all the Moore's did was contact people who had contacted them about artwork as this was a significant update including several pages I have never seen them offer for sale before.

Maybe if you took the actual facts of what occurred into account, along with the actual prices and the actual time line...you'd "feel it" just fine. (shrug)

Chris,

I'm not ignoring any of the facts. The pages were one price at a given point in time. The WD TV show hit the airwaves. The pages have now risen in price exponentially. All they had to say was, "Yeah, we feel the WD is approaching a zenith in it's popularity and the new prices reflect this belief."

I understand the Moores are friends, and I'm sure they are nice people. However, I think all of this could have been handled better by all involved.

So prices are never allowed to go up on comic art? Seriously?

You won't have to worry about being subjected to any more insulting posts. (thumbs u
Its too late to actually respond. I like you, but you are letting this get too personal. I found your "its not rocket science" post to be insulting Sean, as a man I can step up when something bothers me, and be vocal. As far as Mr.Moore, maybe you guys are friends and you are taking this as people attacking a friend. Either way, its always gonna be your choice what to do.

3.) An unsolicited email was sent to you that read, "Hey! We now have big red in stock."

4.) Big red have now increased in price exponentially because we are finding it hard to part with them because they are close to our... um... heart.

Jim,

These pages were NOT for sale last week. John was quoting numbers from over a year ago. You have no basis to say that the rose from last week to this week. It's just false and an assumption based on speculation.

Also, everyone who got that email had emailed Tony and Kara about WD or their art, or signed up to be emailed on their site. John admitted as much. HE INITIATED CONTACT with them last year, all the Moore's did was contact people who had contacted them about artwork as this was a significant update including several pages I have never seen them offer for sale before.

Maybe if you took the actual facts of what occurred into account, along with the actual prices and the actual time line...you'd "feel it" just fine. (shrug)

Chris,

I'm not ignoring any of the facts. The pages were one price at a given point in time. The WD TV show hit the airwaves. The pages have now risen in price exponentially. All they had to say was, "Yeah, we feel the WD is approaching a zenith in it's popularity and the new prices reflect this belief."

I understand the Moores are friends, and I'm sure they are nice people. However, I think all of this could have been handled better by all involved.

This is one seriously serious post, btw...

Dan

Just stick to witty humor and X-Men books, let the big boys deal with the OA...

:kidaround:

I hate O/A. Never did grow to like it. It's always had an air of elitism. That's why I sold my Uncanny X-Men 254 cover and other pages years ago. Sketch covers are as close to the medium as I really want to get. I think they're fun. However, even in that arena, they are plenty of people who take themselves entirely too seriously. Present company excluded, of course.

Im fine with this provided Horror is still alowed in the sand box, and I stop seeing this explosion of Star Comics. I wish I could buy OA though, seriously a nice Joker and Harley piece would be sweet as peach pie :cloud9:

I hate O/A. Never did grow to like it. It's always had an air of elitism. That's why I sold my Uncanny X-Men 254 cover and other pages years ago. Sketch covers are as close to the medium as I really want to get. I think they're fun. However, even in that arena, they are plenty of people who take themselves entirely too seriously. Present company excluded, of course.

I take you very seriously. I think the avatar does that.

Jim,

Chris,

That's not what I said. Where does it say prices are not allowed to increase? You're as bad as JC.

I take you very seriously. I think the avatar does that.

There's no need to take me seriously. Heaven knows, I don't. :insane:

Jim,

Chris,

That's not what I said. Where does it say prices are not allowed to increase? You're as bad as JC.

So prices can go up, but can only go up as much as you feel they should. Perhaps Tony should have shot his list of art by you and John so you guys could set the prices for him.

So prices can go up, but can only go up as much as you feel they should. Perhaps Tony should have shot his list of art by you and John so you guys could set the prices for him.

Where are you getting this stuff?

I don't care how much they raise their prices. Just admit the price increase is due to an increase in popularity which in turn fuels demand instead of something along the lines of, "Above all, the fact is, these pages are very dear to me personally, and the price tag is what it takes to get me to allow them to leave my personal possession."

You just want to argue.

Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Except this.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure.

Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair.

And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.

...I don't need my dog.

Jim,

Chris,

No you're not, Dicey. And you don't need me to tell you that. No one's that bad. Not even me.