• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore's Walking Dead Post TV Show OA asking prices are....

550 posts in this topic

Excuse me. He raised his price by nearly 625%. That's a big difference. :eyeroll:

From a price that's a year old on a product that in the past year that has spawned a television series and gone viral.

I don't see the problem.

It's hot. He has it. Nobody else has it. There is no "market price" because he *is* the market price.

There is no market price because no one in the art market is willing to pay his new price.

Maybe he's trying to set a "STFU Price". hm

Well, it's interesting that the sound of silence went up right after the TV series hit.

zzz

What's to simmer down? I'm not worked up.

Do you really think being right gets me worked up?

If that was the case, I'd be worked up all the time. :shy:

Excuse me. He raised his price by nearly 625%. That's a big difference. :eyeroll:

From a price that's a year old on a product that in the past year that has spawned a television series and gone viral.

I don't see the problem.

It's hot. He has it. Nobody else has it. There is no "market price" because he *is* the market price.

There is no market price because no one in the art market is willing to pay his new price.

If it was a STFU price, why would he send out an email asking for inquiries? Wouldn't he just tell us to STFU?

I don't see the problem.

If it was a STFU price, why would he send out an email asking for inquiries? Wouldn't he just tell us to STFU?

facetious |fəˈsē sh əs|

adjective

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

What's to simmer down? I'm not worked up.

Do you really think being right gets me worked up?

If that was the case, I'd be worked up all the time. :shy:

You are on the wrong side of right.

You know I'm right. You're just stubborn and don't want to admit it. You'd rather put up a struggle than to give in.

Hard to get. I like that. :luhv:

I was on the phone last night with Kara and Tony and we talked about the art and the fact that it was up for sale now.

They are protective of Tony's art and always have been. They do not need to sell it, but offer it up for sale if people are interested at the prices they want (which is their right). Many feel (if not most) that it is overpriced in comparison to other artists, but the simple fact for the Moores is that they are content to keep it.

I have for quite some time now explained that this is the opportunity to sell when Walking Dead appears to be at an all time high and now would be the best time to move some pieces.

I hope that helps to understand where they are coming from and those that know both Tony and Kara know they are great people who try to offer all kinds of items to fans (prints, buttons, shirts etc), but the art is something very near and dear to their heart.

If it also helps, I have been good friends with both for several years now and I still do not own a piece of OA from Walking Dead, never been able to budget it even when it was much lower in price.

so this doesn't get lost in the Dice Watson love fest...

I was on the phone last night with Kara and Tony and we talked about the art and the fact that it was up for sale now.

They are protective of Tony's art and always have been. They do not need to sell it, but offer it up for sale if people are interested at the prices they want (which is their right). Many feel (if not most) that it is overpriced in comparison to other artists, but the simple fact for the Moores is that they are content to keep it.

I have for quite some time now explained that this is the opportunity to sell when Walking Dead appears to be at an all time high and now would be the best time to move some pieces.

I hope that helps to understand where they are coming from and those that know both Tony and Kara know they are great people who try to offer all kinds of items to fans (prints, buttons, shirts etc), but the art is something very near and dear to their heart.

If it also helps, I have been good friends with both for several years now and I still do not own a piece of OA from Walking Dead, never been able to budget it even when it was much lower in price.

+1 (thumbs u

Don't forget to call your other friends once in awhile

Don't forget to call your other friends once in awhile

...or Mutant Keys.

I'm looking out for you, Danny!

:eyeroll:

Too bad I sold the covers to 7 and 10 for a little over 3K total. I blame it on Visa... :tonofbricks:

So that was his name, huh?