• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

Count me in! havent read any yet :sorry: but I plan too soon. :whee:

Question: can i count TPBs as the correct # of individual issues? (well i guess of course i can, it's my list! :banana: )

I need to figger out how to set up one of those counter thingys... hm

Detective 51-60. Last three were the best (featuring Penguin/Joker).

Batman Adventures 10-16. A nice change from 40s Batman stories. ;)

Cheater :sumo: You are only reading the Bat story from those 'Tecs :baiting:

I have a similar issue: how do I count the Viking Prince stories from the collected Viking Prince?? hm

I have a similar issue: how do I count the Viking Prince stories from the collected Viking Prince?? hm

page count- roughly 22 pages = 1 comic read.

Day #3 Creepy #5 - #10

Were they good reading?

Still on the fence, art is fantastic...stories are a little simple. I prefer the EC horror stories, but then most people do.

I am going to stick with the Creepies though, there is the odd story in there that's REALLY good and from the letterpage I gather that those are the ones most readers liked as well.

So maybe in the later issues, the stories will become a little more adult and not all have a twist in the tail, as some of them are a reach.

I started reading X-Men Mutant Genesis, which collects the first seven issues of the Lee/Claremont X-Men run from the early '90s. I remember buying them on the stands. I even bought several copies so I could get the different covers. Ooooh.

But holy smokes is this wordy. Took me an hour to read two issues. There's a scene in which Magneto breaks up a battle and stands over the X-Men, all scary like. Then he proceeds to talk and talk and talk and talk. It's like 20 minutes of dialog in one panel.

True, but for most issues that's all I have access to. Besides, these stories are DENSE! The Batman story from Detective #61 is only 13 pages, but it's over 90 panels and probably over 1000 words of dialog and narration.

page count- roughly 22 pages = 1 comic read.

That's probably not a bad idea. I've got some reprints of newspaper strips I hope to get to eventually. For those, I planned to count a month's worth of strips as one comic.

I started reading X-Men Mutant Genesis, which collects the first seven issues of the Lee/Claremont X-Men run from the early '90s. I remember buying them on the stands. I even bought several copies so I could get the different covers. Ooooh.

But holy smokes is this wordy. Took me an hour to read two issues. There's a scene in which Magneto breaks up a battle and stands over the X-Men, all scary like. Then he proceeds to talk and talk and talk and talk. It's like 20 minutes of dialog in one panel.

Ah - the good old days of comic book writing.

I have no illusion that I can do it. There is no way with a 14-month old and, even without her as an excuse, I still don't think I could ... but it's a worthy experiment. Maybe I should buy more Bendis books to help along the way and cut down the reading time lol

I was wondering if someone was going to mention this...

Slipping a little :eek:

Day #4

Hellboy The Sleeping and the Dead #1 (pretty good, but I would live for Mignola to do interiors again)

Ultimate Avengers 3 #5 (which was awful)

Warlord of Mars #3 (surprisingly good from a publisher I hadn't heard of before)