• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

been slowly acquiring some of the stuff I had as a kid. Was really excited to get a nice example of this one as it was one of my favorite toys as a kid. :grin:

can't wait to get more. :)

halloween013.jpg

halloween012.jpg

halloween014.jpg

halloween016.jpg

The figure is in great shape. Box looks good too - nice!

What colour is that lightsaber?

I used to have one :sorry:

been slowly acquiring some of the stuff I had as a kid. Was really excited to get a nice example of this one as it was one of my favorite toys as a kid. :grin:

can't wait to get more. :)

halloween013.jpg

halloween012.jpg

halloween014.jpg

halloween016.jpg

The figure is in great shape. Box looks good too - nice!

What colour is that lightsaber?

this is probably the coolest rare toy i had as a kid. i gave it away to a friend but was lucky enough to aquire another about 5 years ago.... marvel world

if you scroll all the way down and click on one of the pics of the set you will find over 30 pics that show just how cool this set is

The He-man Promotional is awesome. Now you just need the matching Skeletor!

I was fortunate to grab a couple when I bought most of my MOC collection about 10-15 years ago.

Pat

Nice! (thumbs u

The guy I bought this from didn't have the Skeletor - but at the price I got this, I'll gladly wait until one pops-up.

I moved out of the city some years ago, and am living up in Simcoe county. If you're ever up in these parts, shoot me a PM (thumbs u

Thanks! I don't get out there very often, but when I do (usually in the warmer weather when driving to cottage country) I might just do that.

Makes me wish I bought that Hulk 181 CGC 9.4 you had up on your site a few years ago when I was asking you questions about it and perhaps I could have picked it up in person.

That does look cool - would you believe I saw one yesterday at the same place I picked-up the He-Man :insane:

mw+26.JPG

mw+35+populated.jpg

hard to believe. the gremlin makes me think you are kidding. if not you might think about a price inquiry if it is a nice set as these are extremely rare and sought after. I think most collectors have never seen one. the guy in the blog said he looked for around 20 years before seeing one.

That does look cool - would you believe I saw one yesterday at the same place I picked-up the He-Man :insane:

mw+26.JPG

mw+35+populated.jpg

hard to believe. the gremlin makes me think you are kidding. if not you might think about a price inquiry if it is a nice set as these are extremely rare and sought after. I think most collectors have never seen one. the guy in the blog said he looked for around 20 years before seeing one.

It was in a pile with a bunch of board games. The pile was about 5 feet high on a table and it was in the middle of the stack. Seeing your post, I'm now kicking myself for not having taken the time to look through, or even inquire on its completeness. :pullhair:

great thread. just wanted to share this little tidbit for those transformers folks.

currently on eBay, there is an AFA 90 optimus prime up for grabs. current bid is $6,600. a true grail in this ridiculously high grade. census pop is 1 of 1; possibly 1 of 2; can not remember for sure.

this item in this grade has never come to a public marketplace like this before. should have a chance of breaking $10K.

This is beautiful. I remember getting Soundwave for Christmas, and thinking it was about as badasss as a toy could get. The Service Merchandise sticker is also very cool. Does that add value or detract? Seems like it might be like a date stamp. Some like it, some hate it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G1-Transformers-SOUNDWAVE-AFA-85-MISB-sealed-MOSC-MIB-MOC-MINT-85-90-90-/130813139686?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1e75121ae6

This is beautiful. I remember getting Soundwave for Christmas, and thinking it was about as badasss as a toy could get. The Service Merchandise sticker is also very cool. Does that add value or detract? Seems like it might be like a date stamp. Some like it, some hate it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G1-Transformers-SOUNDWAVE-AFA-85-MISB-sealed-MOSC-MIB-MOC-MINT-85-90-90-/130813139686?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1e75121ae6

ditto here on x-mas time gift; although i believe mine was a pre-rub. for me personally, that service sticker only enhances; as you pointed out like a really cool "date stamp." but as far as grading goes though, sometimes those stickers and where they are placed could be a deal breaker and grade detraction if the box sub is on the proverbial fence so to speak. but that soundwave in the auction looks pretty crispy case fresh mint. wonder what held the box back from getting a sub 90 grade like the other subs did - maybe the sticker did not help.

ditto here on x-mas time gift; although i believe mine was a pre-rub. for me personally, that service sticker only enhances; as you pointed out like a really cool "date stamp." but as far as grading goes though, sometimes those stickers and where they are placed could be a deal breaker and grade detraction if the box sub is on the proverbial fence so to speak. but that soundwave in the auction looks pretty crispy case fresh mint. wonder what held the box back from getting a sub 90 grade like the other subs did - maybe the sticker did not help.

What's pre-rub?

Loved Transformers as a kid, but didn't keep up with the particulars of collecting them. I had a bunch of G-1 stuff in the mid-80s, but that's about all I know.