• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

a few pickups from Craigslist these past two weeks.

the "Empire" Falcon and X-wing are both from the same original owner, who had them as a child and they are in almost unplayed with condition. no wear.

the "Star Wars" Falcon is from a different seller, and the ship is also in very nice condition. parts are all there, just not put together.

all 3 ships are very clean, complete, and working.

both Falcon boxes are very nice, but the X-wing box does have moderate wear.

millenniumfalcon006_zpsa1f1d250.jpg

Wow, nice haul. The Falcons and boxes look to be in great shape. I'd like to find a Star Wars version of the Falcon myself.

I'd also like to find a nice Death Star box & playset. The Death Star playset is one of my earliest memories of Star Wars toys in the 70s. :cloud9:

Thanks Brian, I really liked your Cobra Rattler pickup as well, I never had the Death Star playset as a child, so I haven't really been looking for any of those, but if I get lucky and find one, I will let you know. a local collectibles store today had just the top half of one. lol

so you never know.

:)

Hey Joe,

you ever collect the final 15 (17) POTF figures carded with coin?

love those.

Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) With Pop Up Lightsaber

A-Wing Pilot

Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber)

Imperial Dignitary

Imperial Gunner

Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit)

Anakin Skywalker

Amanaman

Barada

EV-9D9

Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)

Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho)

Romba (stick)

Warok (bow)

Yak Face

Paploo and Lumat (were ROTJ american cards, but are some times considered as part of the final set)

:cloud9:

Hey Joe,

love those.

A-Wing Pilot

Imperial Dignitary

Imperial Gunner

Anakin Skywalker

Amanaman

Barada

EV-9D9

Romba (stick)

Warok (bow)

Yak Face

Paploo and Lumat (were ROTJ american cards, but are some times considered as part of the final set)

Hey Wally, I have them all loose, and a few carded (for sure a Gunner). They are so hard to find without yellowed blisters. I've been on the lookout for a nice clean R2-D2 with pop-up lighstaber (his value has been steadily climbing, even loose) and an EV-9D9, but no luck.

I also don't mind picking-up POTF figures not a part of the last 17 - I have a Darth Vader, and have been wanting a Yoda and Jawa. The Yoda can fetch ridiculous money.

A lot of collectors jump right into the last 17, but I don't think many realize how hard some figures not a part of the last 17 are to find MOC on POTF card. Of the last 17, my favourite are the Luke in Stormtrooper disguise, the R2-D2 with Pop-up lighstaber and EV-9D9.

I never took a pictures separately of the Vader, but this is a photo I posted awhile ago in a haul I bought - he's the one on the right:

grouping.jpg

I think the versions of rumours I've heard had more to do with the "Kenner really cares" promotion, and I guess different people wrote to them with different requests ended-up getting swag dependent on the nature of their ask. Overall, the coins are cool, but there are so many really convincing forgeries that I really would only consider owning a set of the ones that came with the MOC's, through owning the carded examples rather than trying to put a full set together in a frame individually in coin cases.

Well, I just stumbled across some extremely cool information and maybe even bordering mind blowing.

This site will be of tremendous interest to many of the boardie's here who collect vintage toys, video game consoles, electronics, computers, and pretty much anyone who has wondered whether the yellowing of plastic could be treated.

For anyone who hasn't already heard, I introduce you to the Retr0Bright Project.

Making Retr0Bright

Using Retr0Bright

If anyone wants to make a few jars of this stuff for me as a thank-you, :takeit:

Just catching-up with past Toy Hunter episodes (not sticking to any order) - I believe this is episode 9:

Features

- ESB Dagobah Playset

- Skedoodle

- GI Joe APC and 64' issue Action Pilot, Action Sailor, Green Beret

- Marx Guns of Navarone Playset

- Kenner Knight Rider (KITT and the Hoff)

- Ideal Evel Knieval gyro powered motorcycle - paging DiceX megaphone_emote_by_mirz123-d39t4f5.gif

- Ideal Evel Knieval stunt & crash car set

- Mattel Flash Gordon

- Matt Mason MIB and Callisto MOC and Space Station Deluxe Set (space Crawler)

- Ideal Haunted House

- Mego Planet of the Apes

Well, I just stumbled across some extremely cool information and maybe even bordering mind blowing.

This site will be of tremendous interest to many of the boardie's here who collect vintage toys, video game consoles, electronics, computers, and pretty much anyone who has wondered whether the yellowing of plastic could be treated.

For anyone who hasn't already heard, I introduce you to the Retr0Bright Project.

Making Retr0Bright

Using Retr0Bright

If anyone wants to make a few jars of this stuff for me as a thank-you, :takeit:

wow that is awesome!! thanks Joseph!!

Just catching-up with past Toy Hunter episodes (not sticking to any order) - I believe this is episode 9:

Features

- ESB Dagobah Playset

- Skedoodle

- GI Joe APC and 64' issue Action Pilot, Action Sailor, Green Beret

- Marx Guns of Navarone Playset

- Kenner Knight Rider (KITT and the Hoff)

- Ideal Evel Knieval gyro powered motorcycle - paging DiceX megaphone_emote_by_mirz123-d39t4f5.gif

- Ideal Evel Knieval stunt & crash car set

- Mattel Flash Gordon

- Matt Mason MIB and Callisto MOC and Space Station Deluxe Set (space Crawler)

- Ideal Haunted House

- Mego Planet of the Apes

i had to watch that episode cause i had the Navarone playset as a kid. it was great stuff used it for army men and later for star wars figures.

Hey Joe,

love those.

A-Wing Pilot

Imperial Dignitary

Imperial Gunner

Anakin Skywalker

Amanaman

Barada

EV-9D9

Romba (stick)

Warok (bow)

Yak Face

I've got two (EV-9D9 and Stormtrooper Luke), and saw an "85-grade" Yak Face.