• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

ActionComics224-1.jpg

Here's another comic from the OO collection that I bought in the early eighties. Sure the dust shadow is a bit of an eyesore, but otherwise, I think it's the best cover Al Plastino ever drew. That Superman island is so cool!! And I love that most of the island is drawn in green!

Edited by Stevenrams

ActionComics211.jpg

Here is one of the better Win Mortimer covers of the period. I love the panels. Great book; great stories. From the same OO collection. I believe that's 11 books so far. I have one more or maybe two. I could have sworn I bought 12, but maybe it was 13. I mean we're talking nearly 30 years ago.

Edited by Stevenrams

I believe it's just the picture as I just took a look at it. I should've straightened the book before scanning it. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the collection. They're nice books--not ultra high grade but very nice just the same.

SLR

Superman115.jpg

Years ago an ad appeared in the CBG. Seller claimed he had about 25 mid-1950s Supermans and Actions. The seller lived within 15 miles from my home and he kindly let me come over and look at the books. All books were 25 bucks apiece. I cherry picked the 12 best copies. I still have them all. Here's one of them:

That was a wonderful find, especially being so local. Great books at a great price!

DetectiveComics210.jpg

This was the only non Superman or Action in the OO collection that I bought In the mid 1980s. I had never seen a copy and was in pretty nice great and contained a Mysto the Magician backup feature. The feature ran for only 10 issues, but they were great stories. Anyway, that's it for now; Ill dig out the rest later. Gotta fix me some lunch. Perhaps one day I'll sell this collection. The guy who I bought it from must've been an octogenerian so obviously he's no longer alive. May he RIP. And thanks "old man" for selling me some great books!

Nice DC 10c books were almost unseen during the mid 1980s. I was pleased to find any that were not falling apart. These books were a really special find for that time.

What was that saying about a woman scorned? :devil:

If DC had applied something like "real life" reactions to all of the rebuff's Lois endured, it would have been splitsville way sooner.

Yeah, she would have been off with the nearest truck driver she could find. In fact, she and Lana Lang would have buried the hatchet and gone trolling in truck stops together.

;)

ActionComics206.jpg

Speaking of Lois marrying Superman. This is my all-time favorite cover on that particular motif and it took me over 20 years to find. Just won it on e-bay for just 30 bucks over OSPG. When you consider, I didn't have to pay for slabbing I did quite well. And it's a damn nice CGC 4.5 with O/W pages.

ActionComics206.jpg

Speaking of Lois marrying Superman. This is my all-time favorite cover on that particular motif and it took me over 20 years to find. Just won it on e-bay for just 30 bucks over OSPG. When you consider, I didn't have to pay for slabbing I did quite well. And it's a damn nice CGC 4.5 with O/W pages.

Very nice bright looking copy.

ActionComics206.jpg

This early Mortimer cover nicely matches the Action #206 with Lois enjoying an earlier flight in arms!

AdventureComics128.jpg