• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

All the times Clark might have mused over the home life he had been denied was mirrored many times over by Earth children's dreams of super powers.

Here, Roussos depicts his typical image of a slightly chubby faced boy of steel.

AdventureComics134.jpg

Edited by steelcity

ActionComics206.jpg

Speaking of Lois marrying Superman. This is my all-time favorite cover on that particular motif and it took me over 20 years to find. Just won it on e-bay for just 30 bucks over OSPG. When you consider, I didn't have to pay for slabbing I did quite well. And it's a damn nice CGC 4.5 with O/W pages.

This early Mortimer cover nicely matches the Action #206 with Lois enjoying an earlier flight in arms!

AdventureComics128.jpg

Love the Adventure 128. One great cover!

ActionComics206.jpg

Speaking of Lois marrying Superman. This is my all-time favorite cover on that particular motif and it took me over 20 years to find. Just won it on e-bay for just 30 bucks over OSPG. When you consider, I didn't have to pay for slabbing I did quite well. And it's a damn nice CGC 4.5 with O/W pages.

This early Mortimer cover nicely matches the Action #206 with Lois enjoying an earlier flight in arms!

AdventureComics128.jpg

Love the Adventure 128. One great cover!

agreed!

DetectiveComics210.jpg

This was the only non Superman or Action in the OO collection that I bought In the mid 1980s. I had never seen a copy and was in pretty nice great and contained a Mysto the Magician backup feature. The feature ran for only 10 issues, but they were great stories. Anyway, that's it for now; Ill dig out the rest later. Gotta fix me some lunch. Perhaps one day I'll sell this collection. The guy who I bought it from must've been an octogenerian so obviously he's no longer alive. May he RIP. And thanks "old man" for selling me some great books!

The lovely pink background color kept appearing on DC books from this era.

Here is a nice example. Not quite so rich but the same base.

adv199.jpg

From an era when juvenile delinquency was an obsession this rather heavy handed cover must have left many readers feeling a little alienated!

adv197.jpg

Great cover! Those Red Dragons are bad boys to be sure.

:o

DetectiveComics210.jpg

This was the only non Superman or Action in the OO collection that I bought In the mid 1980s. I had never seen a copy and was in pretty nice great and contained a Mysto the Magician backup feature. The feature ran for only 10 issues, but they were great stories. Anyway, that's it for now; Ill dig out the rest later. Gotta fix me some lunch. Perhaps one day I'll sell this collection. The guy who I bought it from must've been an octogenerian so obviously he's no longer alive. May he RIP. And thanks "old man" for selling me some great books!

Now that Steve has established that Batman and Robin are extended members of the Superman family here is another example of the dynamic pencilling Win Mortimer brought to Detective Comics:

DetectiveComics216.jpg