• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

AdventureComics236.jpg

Very vibrant colors on this book. Also one of those quaint covers of the 1950s.

Absolutely. I remember the first time a saw a copy of this book. It was before the Gerber volumes and so many covers were unknown to me. I just wondered and wondered about them. This cover impressed me so much and I was thinking how many more similar books like this to find?

This is by far my nicest Superman in the early #100s. Bought from Stephen Fishler in the Summer of 1999.

Superman100.jpg

Wow! That is one great copy of Superman 100. I have a CGC 7.5. I like it, but it's not as nice as your raw copy. (thumbs u

This book always reminded me of this one:

sb79.jpg

That's a fabulous cover concept!

(thumbs u

BTW, weren't you the one worried that this thread was destined to fade into the back pages of this forum?

;)

This book always reminded me of this one:

sb79.jpg

That's a fabulous cover concept!

(thumbs u

BTW, weren't you the one worried that this thread was destined to fade into the back pages of this forum?

;)

there have been some great contributions lately! (thumbs u

I appreciate the thread title of "Superman Family" relates to the DC characters under this umbrella. However, I continue to be fascinated by covers that show an actual family theme.

This beautifully composed scene shows Lois's dreams come true.

Rather like a Nexus fantasy from Star Trek Generations!

LL23.jpg

Yet another dream of family life with Superman, though this issue focuses on the children rather than the married couple.

sm166.jpg

Why haven't the Superman/Kents/Lanes taught their children how to speak English? This toddler talk is atrocious. My kid never spoke like that except when trying to speak Spanglish to his baby-sitter, and when he does I usually spank him (which reminds me, somewhere in this thread there has to be the spanking cover...)

Yet another dream of family life with Superman, though this issue focuses on the children rather than the married couple.

sm166.jpg

Why haven't the Superman/Kents/Lanes taught their children how to speak English? This toddler talk is atrocious. My kid never spoke like that except when trying to speak Spanglish to his baby-sitter, and when he does I usually spank him (which reminds me, somewhere in this thread there has to be the spanking cover...)

incoming!

sb75.jpg

as far as the english, they should have let Sheldon Mayer write the baby talk. Sugar and Spike speak more intelligently. Except, no one can understand them except other babies

sas71.jpg