• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

AdventureComics281.jpg

Trial of the century: 1950s: The Rosenberg Atom Spy Case

Trial of the century: 1960s: The Sam Shepard Cae (On which the classic TV series "The Fugitive" was loosely based.)

Trial of the century: DC Universe (very early 1960s : Adventure Comics 281

AdventureComics281.jpg

Trial of the century: 1950s: The Rosenberg Atom Spy Case

Trial of the century: 1960s: The Sam Shepard Cae (On which the classic TV series "The Fugitive" was loosely based.)

Trial of the century: DC Universe (very early 1960s : Adventure Comics 281

Nice book, Steve.

The cover from #281 looks like it belongs in an era a handful of years earlier.

Also, the issue has this very unusual background color. Similar to, say, #231 but with a little more yellow.

When trauling through Adventure Comics boxes at shows in the early 1990s I was always on the lookout for a nice #234. This bright and breezy cover has the great nice town feel that helps makes 1950s Superboy so appealing.

AdventureComics234.jpg

When trauling through Adventure Comics boxes at shows in the early 1990s I was always on the lookout for a nice #234. This bright and breezy cover has the great nice town feel that helps makes 1950s Superboy so appealing.

AdventureComics234.jpg

All beautiful books, Ian. I must look for some of these at SDCC this summer. BTW, will you be attending? It would be cool to meet you. Dan and I hang out to together as well.

SLR

Edited by Stevenrams

Superman113.jpg

Here's a cool Jor-El Superman cover from May 1957. I bought it "sight unseen" from a guy named James Haack. He's also the same guy I bought the GL 76 that closed at nearly 12 grand on comiclink a little over a year ago. I think he claimed it was a VF- back in the day. All I know it's one great story. I always liked one long Superman "novel" rather than three short stories. This way the writer could develop some charactization and intricate plot lines.