• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Some terrific recent copies gents! :headbang:

Time to give this thread a bump, :bump: as its fallen to page 4. :o

This issue ushers in the occasional feature, the "Untold Tales of Superman". The first

untold tale is of Clark Kent's College days.

SUPSX_125.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

I have one but it's in lower grade. Anyway, all I've got to say is RIP Doc Watson, my favorite guitar player of them all and Go KINGS!! Two more victories and the Stanley Cup is ours!!!!

May Doc be playing with the angels and his son Merle who died tragically in a tractor accident many years ago and may God return his sight so he can see all the great fingerpickers and flatpickers who preceded him.

SLR

Some good stories there. The Superboy 113 cover story is actually a recreated story from the cover story of Superboy 17 (1952). Recreated, not reprinted. I don't know how often they did stuff like that then, but I thought it was cool.

sb17.jpg

I was kind of joking. This issue WAS going to be Lois Lane Annual 3, but DC cancelled their annuals and came ouf with the title 80 Page Giant. I am pretty sure #1 was going to be Superman Annual 9, #2 was going to be Jimmy Olsen Annual 1, and #3 was going to be Lois Lane Annual 3.

I was kind of joking. This issue WAS going to be Lois Lane Annual 3, but DC cancelled their annuals and came ouf with the title 80 Page Giant. I am pretty sure #1 was going to be Superman Annual 9, #2 was going to be Jimmy Olsen Annual 1, and #3 was going to be Lois Lane Annual 3.

Did not know that hm

Thanks for sharing, thats another thing I've learned from this forum. :foryou: