• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

I don't think 9.6s from 1962 are yet very common. Sweet! :applause:

By 1962 the quaint family style DC covers were all but over. This may be the last of its type:

AdventureComics296.jpg

Superboy55.jpg

Here's another book from 1957. In fact, believe it or not, it's the highest graded though it shares that distinction with three other copies. But no CGC 9.0s or higher--at least for now. Personally, I love school covers since I spent most of my adult life as a middle school teacher.

ActionComics277.jpg ld

I love this cover, especially the light yellows and the town of Midvale in the background. It looks more like the emerald city of Oz. Not to mention our two favorite pets: Krypto and Streaky. (Are they still part of the DC universe?)

I don't think 9.6s from 1962 are yet very common. Sweet! :applause:

By 1962 the quaint family style DC covers were all but over. This may be the last of its type:

AdventureComics296.jpg

Yep! That's one beautiful copy!! Reminds me of my childhood espectially my daytime summer camp, Camp Playtime. Our counselor used to take our group out on picnics and then we would play baseball at the park. And when we got back the owner of the camp always had a stack of comics to read.

SLR

some killer books Ian!

As shappy as Mon-El was treated...how lucky was Bounicng Boy to marry a girl that could split into two?

One of my favorite Legion stories of all time:

adv340.jpg

adv341.jpg

This two-parter is indeed a great tale. There seem to be so many high grade copies around of #340 yet #341 is much less common in grade.

DetectiveComics220.jpg This is a Detective you don't see very often. I like the crossbows and that circa 1950s automobile. Looks like a Ford.

Love the street layout. #220 is a very scarce book. Nice copy.

I'm sure I have this issue somewhere. If I find it I will make a scan.

Superboy55.jpg

Here's another book from 1957. In fact, believe it or not, it's the highest graded though it shares that distinction with three other copies. But no CGC 9.0s or higher--at least for now. Personally, I love school covers since I spent most of my adult life as a middle school teacher.

Another really nice copy, Steve.

For the vast majority of DC books the reader is simply peeking into another world with no direct connection. However, from the covers pf a few issues the reader is directly addressed. This mostly happened with 80-pagers.

Superman193.jpg