• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Next up on the giant issues, the all Bizarro issue!

Amazing copy, that book looks to be as fresh as the day it was printed. (thumbs u :cloud9:

He has many more in that kind of shape. He's like that you know.

:gossip:

I recall a co-worker talked me into selling him this issue a few years ago. I had sellers remorse and found another copy quickly. :grin:

A co-worker? Where do you work, a comic shop? I don't believe I'd get any bids to purchase were I to display my comics at my office.

???

Edited by Hepcat

lol

I'm really not a high grade purist, I just always went after the best looking copy I could afford. That Superman 202 is nice, but it's not indicitive of my whole collection. I may start a series of scans on books I would like to upgrade!

Some of you have spectacular collections. I mean geez, someone around here has a Superboy 1 in 9.0?!?!?

Oh and Steelcity, you guys wouldn't even notice my books if he posted more often! ;)

Next up on the giant issues, the all Bizarro issue!

Amazing copy, that book looks to be as fresh as the day it was printed. (thumbs u :cloud9:

He has many more in that kind of shape. He's like that you know.

:gossip:

I recall a co-worker talked me into selling him this issue a few years ago. I had sellers remorse and found another copy quickly. :grin:

A co-worker? Where do you work, a comic shop? I don't believe I'd get any bids to purchase were I to display my comics at my office.

???

I dont work at a comic book shop. hm I have brought books in to work a few times over the years, but only once did someone express interest in buying books. The man in question had a excellent collection of Morgan Silver dollars. In fact he had several albums full of them, so he was a collector at heart. I wound up selling 3 or 4 S.A. books to him. Even he was taken by surprise at how quickly the cost of the books mounted up, as he originally wanted to buy every book I had brought into work.

lol

I'm really not a high grade purist, I just always went after the best looking copy I could afford. That Superman 202 is nice, but it's not indicitive of my whole collection. I may start a series of scans on books I would like to upgrade!

Some of you have spectacular collections. I mean geez, someone around here has a Superboy 1 in 9.0?!?!?

Oh and Steelcity, you guys wouldn't even notice my books if he posted more often! ;)

I have noticed Steelcity has some fantastic books, along with Hepcat, and a few others. (thumbs u

ok, next giant...207 was already posted so lets take a look at 212 (you do know they did one every five issues, right?).

sm212.jpg

and here is the original to one of the cover stories. An interesting story about this book. I bought it from an ad in the CBG around 1989 for $5 listed as NM. It arrived in a plain manilla envelope, no bag, no boards, no mylar, just comic in envelope:

act284.jpg

act284.jpg

An interesting story about this book. I bought it from an ad in the CBG around 1989 for $5 listed as NM. It arrived in a plain manilla envelope, no bag, no boards, no mylar, just comic in envelope:

:o:screwy:

A nice book, maybe F/VF+, but not NM. Is the fellow still a dealer? He'd be a good one to avoid.

hm

That is very true. Today's NM was labelled MT in the 1980's.

:preach:

It arrived in a plain manilla envelope, no bag, no boards, no mylar, just comic in envelope:

Some fifteen years ago a coin/stamp dealer at the mall attached to the Thornhill Community Centre north of Toronto.mailed one of my collecting buddies in Vancouver several rare 1952 Crown Brand CFL cards which were printed on very thin 8" x 10" "cardboard" unprotected in a manila envelope! The mailman folded the envelope over to insert it into the mail slot thus badly creasing the cards. The coin/stamp dealer disclaimed any responsibility. The same jerk then made an insulting offer for some CFL and other cards from the fifties to another collecting buddy of mine from Winnipeg and was startled/surprised when my buddy just folded up his binder and walked out of the store. I cheered when the dealer went out of business around the turn of the century. It looked good on him.

:tonofbricks:

Edited by Hepcat

Some observations about the covers I posted:

Have you ever seen a pink room before on a comic?

Why is Pa Kent still wearing a tie?

If the box of marshmallows are full, where did the one come from on the skewer? For that matter, who eats roasted marshmallows in their living room?

Murphy Anderson can draw women....baby got back :D

Would you really leave your non super powered young son sitting on a fence while you just flew off with his super powered brother?

Just some of the thoughts of a silver age DC collector...

Would you really leave your non super powered young son sitting on a fence while you just flew off with his super powered brother?

It's not like today. As a nine year old in the early sixties I roamed as far as I pleased. So did other nine year olds.

(shrug)

Have you ever seen a pink room before on a comic?

Lois Lane #13

Why is Pa Kent still wearing a tie?

Why not?

If the box of marshmallows are full, where did the one come from on the skewer? For that matter, who eats roasted marshmallows in their living room?

Not to mention that the marshmallows in the box seem to be significantly smaller than the ones being roasted.

Murphy Anderson can draw women....baby got back :D

No argument there!

Bad parenting on Superman's part, that's for sure...

Wow bud, you must be really bored

Just the opposite, I love these books :cloud9:

There are so many funny things going on in these covers. Take this one for example, ahem...do I really need to say anything:

ll20.jpg