• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Some observations about the covers I posted:

Have you ever seen a pink room before on a comic?

Why is Pa Kent still wearing a tie?

If the box of marshmallows are full, where did the one come from on the skewer? For that matter, who eats roasted marshmallows in their living room?

Murphy Anderson can draw women....baby got back :D

Would you really leave your non super powered young son sitting on a fence while you just flew off with his super powered brother?

Just some of the thoughts of a silver age DC collector...

Ahh the powers of observation. :headbang:

In Superman #89, one wonders why Superman had to lift up the corner of the building, when he was noted for digging at super speed. hm

Superman_89.jpg

G

Wow bud, you must be really bored

Just the opposite, I love these books :cloud9:

There are so many funny things going on in these covers. Take this one for example, ahem...do I really need to say anything:

ll20.jpg

Kinda creepy :) . Seriously though, this is one of the great covers of the time and SO Mort Weisenger!

Brainiac bottled these folks up in City of Kandor but Superman takes the heat. hm

SUPS_158.jpg

One of the all time greats. I love this story.....3 Parters :cloud9: First Nightwing and Flamebird. Those early Lois Lanes are also sweet. Kurt Schaffenburger(sp?) ....THE most under appreciated of all the Superman artists. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

One of my favorite Superman covers....usually found in beat beyond recognition condition....or occasionally (very) in 2X Mortgage High Grade. It's a hundred bucks in OSPG VG......I found this one at the Richmond show from Wes Hagan(?) as a VG due to a moisture stain right corner....colors really pop....my kinda book.He had some of the prettiest 50's D.C.'s I'd seen in a while....real nice 6.5 to 8.0 stuff. GOD BLESS...

scan0014-6.jpg

Love the book jimjum

Thanks, buddy.....it's probably because I remember it from childhood that it has such a pull. I remember when Mom brought it home from a thrift shop along with 5 or 6 others....they were the first 10 centers I'd ever seen....I was transfixed by that. There was a SUPERMAN 110 in there and a couple of Detectives and Adventures and a Lex Barker Tarzan. GOD BLESS...

One of my favorite Superman covers....usually found in beat beyond recognition condition....or occasionally (very) in 2X Mortgage High Grade. It's a hundred bucks in OSPG VG......I found this one at the Richmond show from Wes Hagan(?) as a VG due to a moisture stain right corner....colors really pop....my kinda book.He had some of the prettiest 50's D.C.'s I'd seen in a while....real nice 6.5 to 8.0 stuff. GOD BLESS...

scan0014-6.jpg

Cool book and great addition to your collection. :headbang: