• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread (Revised)

593 posts in this topic

Unfortunately the system doesn't make it such that I can just adjust the points for all of the books of a certain age. I have to go set by set. If I can have some specific titles that are underscored, then I can adjust those as requested. Also, no changes will be made until after the awards deadline.

Gemma-

Thanks for looking into this. Here are my votes for a immediate point increase of 20-40% to reflect scarcity, value and demand:

Marvel Tales (1949)

Marvel Mystery Comics

Mystery Tales

Adventures into weird worlds

Adventures into terror

Again, thanks Gemma.

Johnny

+1

Unfortunately the system doesn't make it such that I can just adjust the points for all of the books of a certain age. I have to go set by set. If I can have some specific titles that are underscored, then I can adjust those as requested. Also, no changes will be made until after the awards deadline.

Gemma-

Thanks for looking into this. Here are my votes for a immediate point increase of 20-40% to reflect scarcity, value and demand:

Marvel Tales (1949)

Marvel Mystery Comics

Mystery Tales

Adventures into weird worlds

Adventures into terror

Again, thanks Gemma.

Johnny

+1

Looks like points got bumped 15% thanks Gemma.

Thanks for bumping up the Archie title :foryou:

Jackpot and Pep could also use a little attention when you have time :)

I have a question about the scores on the joan of arc slots in the ebas cover set.

joan of arc #1 cover e lmd 500 universal has a score of 40.

joan of arc #1 "nude" cover f lmd 250 universal has a score of 24.

shouldn't it be the other way around since cover f is a lesser print run

and more expensive than cover e?

Gemma, the Kudranski variant cover of Spawn #222 has a value of 20 at 9.8 and the B/W sketch cover of 185 is 50. This seems way underscored given their relative scarcity to other Spawn books. Thanks for your consideration!!!

amazing spider-man acme and dingo one shot. Probably one of the hardest one shots to find in any grade. Its currently worth less than the spiderman vs wolverine, which can be found as bathroom reading material in many gas stations its so common.

Gemma,

Thanks for updating the Manhattan Projects set. Much appreciated.

I did notice an inconsistency in the scoring. Currently, the Image First reprint of #1 is worth more points (32 for 9.8 Universal) than the actual first print of #1 (24). While I think the 32 for the Image First book is fine, I think the points on the other issues should be bumped up.

For 9.8 Universal, I would suggest 50 points for Manhattan Projects #1 1st print, 40 points for #1 2nd and 3rd prints, and 32 points for all other issues.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Gemma,

Can you have a look at the Wolverine (2010) set? There seems to be two different sets of scores in place which are causing some scores to be bloated while others are not.

For example, Wolverine #2 has two different scores for Universal, two different scores for Signature, etc.

K.

Gemma, the Kudranski variant cover of Spawn #222 has a value of 20 at 9.8 and the B/W sketch cover of 185 is 50. This seems way underscored given their relative scarcity to other Spawn books. Thanks for your consideration!!!

Hello Gemma:

I agree with amnesiac and I'm glad to see that you've made changes to the scores; however, I think that the 185 Sketch Cover deserves a far greater boost than 10 points This particular variant is kind of a legendary book because it is so exceedingly rare. Print run estimates range from only 16 to 100 copies. Most experts believe there are around 60 copies in existence. This makes it the rarest Spawn book of all, and one of the rarest mainstream moderns. This book is rare and in demand. The last public sale (CGC 9.8) was around $2100 and private sales have exceeded that mark. If Spawn #1 BW is worth 160 points, in my opinion the 185 Sketch should be worth double or even triple that amount. Spawn #1 BWs can be had for as little as $600 and tend to sit at auction for a while. The 185s go FAST and command 3 to 4x the selling price of a Spawn #1 BW.

I think the Kudranski variant adjustment was fair. Consideration should also be given to 189 Sketch, which is also very, very hard to find and expensive.

Thanks for listening and thanks for the consideration,

-Shane

Gemma, greetings. A while back I started a thread to get the Registry points of the Pre-Hero Marvel titles a boost.

Link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5792851&fpart=1

You gave them a boost but, IMO, not nearly enough. Example from a sales thread today with almost immediate sellout ....

TTA 1 in CGC 3.0 Sold for 600.00 Registry points 210 .

TTA 9 in CGC 6.0 Sold for 325.00 Registry Points 104

TTA 10 in CGC 6.5 SOld for 300.00 Registry points 118

TTA 11 in CGC 6.5 Sold for 300.00 Registry points 95

I believe an across the board, double to triple point increase on the following are in order:

Tales to Astonish 1 - 26

Tales of Suspense 1 - 38

Strange Tales 1 - 100

Journey Into Mystery 1 - 82

Amazing Adventures 1 - 14

Thanks for considering.

This is the data I've collected for Strange Tales in 2013. They clearly are

scored too low, but the high end price (#90) is close, and the really high

ratios are caused by the extreme scarcity of some issues, driving prices way up.

CGC Sold $ Score Ratio

STRANGE_TALES #1 4.0 900 434 2.07

STRANGE_TALES #6 7.0 1250 315 3.97

STRANGE_TALES #12 4.0 275 70 3.93

STRANGE_TALES #14 5.0 280 100 2.80

STRANGE_TALES #24 8.5 4600 536 8.58

STRANGE_TALES #53 9.0 4600 500 9.20

STRANGE_TALES #55 8.0 1800 210 8.57

STRANGE_TALES #64 6.0 650 84 7.74

STRANGE_TALES #65 8.5 1254 402 3.12

STRANGE_TALES #81 8.5 671 335 2.00

STRANGE_TALES #86 7.0 198 105 1.89

STRANGE_TALES #87 7.0 316 105 3.01

STRANGE_TALES #89 6.5 1211 210 5.77

STRANGE_TALES #89 7.5 1850 350 5.29

STRANGE_TALES #90 9.4 2066 1500 1.38

STRANGE_TALES #99 8.0 508 221 2.30

geomean = 3.8

as for strange tales, the data also shows #89 as a first appearance is undervalued in the registry.

As for the high end, I don't think that's necessarily true. There are very few 9.4 prehero books you can get for 1500 bucks. #90 is not a desirable issue, and it went cheap. There's been a lot more 9.4s going for 4k and the like than 1500.

Thanks for bumping up the Archie title :foryou:

Jackpot and Pep could also use a little attention when you have time :)

Thanks Gemma (worship)

Gemma, greetings. A while back I started a thread to get the Registry points of the Pre-Hero Marvel titles a boost.

Link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5792851&fpart=1

You gave them a boost but, IMO, not nearly enough. Example from a sales thread today with almost immediate sellout ....

TTA 1 in CGC 3.0 Sold for 600.00 Registry points 210 .

TTA 9 in CGC 6.0 Sold for 325.00 Registry Points 104

TTA 10 in CGC 6.5 SOld for 300.00 Registry points 118

TTA 11 in CGC 6.5 Sold for 300.00 Registry points 95

I believe an across the board, double to triple point increase on the following are in order:

Tales to Astonish 1 - 26

Tales of Suspense 1 - 38

Strange Tales 1 - 100

Journey Into Mystery 1 - 82

Amazing Adventures 1 - 14

Thanks for considering.

I would add Marvel's Strange Worlds #1-5 to this list too, illustrated below.

I've chimed in on this in the past, and continue to support this drive. Here are a few more recent sales (two are my purchases so I know they're legit sales) to help pile on:

Strange Tales #28 CGC 5.5 sold on eBay - Link

Sold for $775 on 6/3/13, worth 109 registry points.

Strange Worlds #5 CGC 8.0, which I bought on eBay - Link

I paid $377 last week, worth 185 registry points.

Strange Tales #69 CGC 6.0, another of my recent eBay purchases

I paid $178 on 3/17/13, worth 80 registry points.