• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

I Know You Really Love Me: A Psychiatrist's Account of Stalking and Obsessive Love

Obviously this is about stalking, specifically a condition called erotomania where a person believes another person is in love with him/her when they are not. One account has to do with a guy working in a lab and he thinks a female employee is stalking him.

This guy gets desperate to find out if it is her, so he breaks into her house and in her bedroom he finds...get this...

Her bedroom is an exact to scale replica of his bedroom right down to the colors, type of bed, books in the room, photos...everything! :eek:

The Yearling.

Haven't read this since I was 12 or 13.

I also read the Yearling at a young age. I can remember i had a Hardcover copy of it that was pretty old, and it being vintage I attributed it intrinsic value. Perhaps the seed of collecting old stories was implanted in me at a very young age.

Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was an interesting writer. I need to read more of her works including the short stories.

Here wiki is interesting (the bit about her libel suit in particular.)

I was unaware she taught Creative Writing at UF, and also was friends with Zora Neal Hurston (even though she made her sleep in the servants quarters with her black maid when she came to visit)

I love Florida writers! :headbang:

I've spent so much time in the Polk County groves over the past few years that I've gone all cracker!

I started thinking about rereading this a few years ago & now has come the time!

Did you do okay with your signing? :wishluck:

I've spent so much time in the Polk County groves over the past few years that I've gone all cracker!

I started thinking about rereading this a few years ago & now has come the time!

Did you do okay with your signing? :wishluck:

Yup, It was kind of a madhouse, but I got the sig. Didn't get much face time as he was signing assembly line style and not really greeting or talking to folks. Got some decent pics though!

Have any of you guys read World War Z?

I read about 50 pages of it and it never bonded with me, so I stopped reading it.

Does it ever come around to something the reader can have some type of connection to?

I don't like books that I have to MAKE myself read just for the sake of reading.

I couldn't. That was 50 pages of torture. :cry:

Have you ever tried to read "The Naked Lunch"?

Folks shouldn't bother.

No doubt. It's one I gave the "100 page" treatment to on multiple occassions.