• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hold onto your hats for the May Heritage auction....

377 posts in this topic

I loved DKR as much s the next guy.....but I think I prefer the Kirby/Colletta Olympus splash or the Ian Miller Swamp Thing cover (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well, if the game is compare it to any other piece of comic art ever, then yes, there are lots and lots of other pieces of comic art I would prefer.

Unfortunately, at my income bracket, this is a field of collecting in which I only participate vicariously.......an armchair quarterback. lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Never a good idea to set a high proxy bid before the final day of the auction.

Dammit...where's that "retract bid" button? :frustrated:

Uh...that didn't take long:

Current Bid: $80,000

w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $95,600.00

It's interesting to go back to the beginning of the thread and look at what some of the early estimates were. I'm already on record saying I predict that this one will amaze some and infuriate others. What it means to me is that as much as I would love to add a DK piece to my collection, it will likely never happen now with the upcoming trajectory this art is heading for. Can't have everything.

Scott Williams

oo, an insider!

Correct! I am the secret stealth buyer that my competitors must fear! :takeit:

Scott

Best of luck! I've got $20 says this little piece of OA will be on my wall inside of a month.

Well, I don't actually have the $20, but I overheard it talking on the subway after work. I think it was drunk.

chicken. pock pock :baiting::)

lol!

My reluctance to give a number has nothing to do with fear. Trust me.

Scott

I say insider chicken with a touch of stealth buyer. mmm this making me hungry hm

(hope you realize I was kidding in my chicken post, you turkey :insane: I cry fowl! :insane: )

Fred Ray's / Jerry Robinson's Batman 11 went for $195K in 2005 in a Heritage Auction.

Miller's cover for DD 188 went for $101K in 2010.

I'd say this has a chance to set a new Heritage record. :)

I still think it will break their Miller record and it might threaten the Batman 11. That book has a lot of fans with deep pockets. I'm a fan, but my pocket (or something) shrinks at the thought of paying that much for a piece of comic book art. Wow!

Initially I thought, "no way this approaches 200K." Now, I'm not so sure. 200K doesn't only seem possible, it seems likely.

Current Bid: $95,000

w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $113,525.00

There is something about DK art that just leaves me cold. I have never seen a DK page that has made me say "Hey, this is something I would love to own".

Stephen