• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

Action 7 seems to get a bit more spotlight than Detective 29.

Who not to love these cool Actions and Tecs.

Action 1 vs. Detective 27

Action 7 vs. Detective 29

Action 13 vs. Detective 31

Acton 10 vs. Detective 35

Are you suggesting that Action #13 should be worth more than Action #10 since 'Tec #31 is way ahead of 'Tec #35 when it comes to market value.

Personally, I feel that Action #13 is still quite a bit undervalued (espcially in the guide) at only 45% in relationship to the guide value for Action #10. Does anybody have a more accurate idea as to what the relative market value should really be between these 2 hard-to-find books? hm

In market assumption, Rick had mention Action 13 is more scarce than Action 10. I sense and Action 13 blue label has a shot at Detective 31 grade by grade. In the time being, worth more than Detective 31 due to the scarcity.

Scarcity shmarcity! Tec 31 is infinitely more cool than Action 13

(thumbs u

:taptaptap: Some love for the early Action thread.

Looks like I would also have to agree with both Bill and Gator here even though 'Tec #31 is is infinitely more available in supply than Action #13.

Action #13 has a long way to go in Overstreet's valuation since it is listed at only $25K in top of guide as compared to $90K for the 'Tec #31. That is just a huge huge difference in price between the 2 books.

Action 7 seems to get a bit more spotlight than Detective 29.

Who not to love these cool Actions and Tecs.

Action 1 vs. Detective 27

Action 7 vs. Detective 29

Action 13 vs. Detective 31

Acton 10 vs. Detective 35

Are you suggesting that Action #13 should be worth more than Action #10 since 'Tec #31 is way ahead of 'Tec #35 when it comes to market value.

Personally, I feel that Action #13 is still quite a bit undervalued (espcially in the guide) at only 45% in relationship to the guide value for Action #10. Does anybody have a more accurate idea as to what the relative market value should really be between these 2 hard-to-find books? hm

I feel these two books are worth about the same. Many like the cover on #13 better than #10 but, #10 is the 3rd Superman cover and #13 is the 4th. There are actually less unrestored copies of #10 than #13.

Action #10 shows 20 graded copies. 10 unrestored and 10 restored

Action #13 has 18 graded copies. 11 unrestored 1 qualified and 6 restored

The May auction for the #10 may be a big suprise for those that feel #13 is worth more.

Within the debate between Action #10 vs. Action #13; shouldn't content come into play?

Both are early Superman covers, neither is easy to come by, and both are great issues respectively.

Action Comics #10 sports the 3rd cover appearence of Superman (reminiscent of a scene from Action #2), 2nd unofficial appearence of Jimmy Olsen (still unnamed), and the CLASSIC splash that would eventually become the cover of Superman #1 (one of the most iconic GA superhero images in history).

Action Comics #13 sports the 4th cover appearence of Superman (a cover more popular amongst some) and features the 1st appearence of the Ultra-Humanite.

Both great books and while they're very close in my book, I have to give the edge to Action #10. (thumbs u

I prefer Action #10 over #13 for the simple fact that, as it was once pointed out on the boards, that the cover for #13 looks to have been drawn by Fred Guardineer (background, train, etc.) and the image of Supes lifted and reversed from Action #10.

while I love Fred Guardineer's art, I just like having a cover where I know that Shuster did most of the work on it. since he was one of the creators of the character.

but I love most all of the Action covers up to #67.

I prefer Action #10 over #13 for the simple fact that, as it was once pointed out on the boards, that the cover for #13 looks to have been drawn by Fred Guardineer (background, train, etc.) and the image of Supes lifted and reversed from Action #10.

while I love Fred Guardineer's art, I just like having a cover where I know that Shuster did most of the work on it. since he was one of the creators of the character.

I prefer #10 as well, Alton! (thumbs u

Holy Heartbreak Batman!

Action1013.jpg

I still think Action #13 has one of the best GA covers you'll ever see; I just don't know how I missed that one. doh!

I prefer #10 as well, Alton! (thumbs u

your a man of taste Mike, and for God sakes, he's punching a plane!!! :o just like on Action #48, another one of my faves. :cloud9:

Holy Heartbreak Batman!

Action1013.jpg

I still think Action #13 has one of the best GA covers you'll ever see; I just don't know how I missed that one. doh!

don't feel bad, I didn't realize it either until these all-knowing boards set me straight. (thumbs u

Holy Heartbreak Batman!

Action1013.jpg

don't feel bad, I didn't realize it either until these all-knowing boards set me straight. (thumbs u

I don't think the work by Guardineer makes the cover any less desirable. It is a really cool train. And most of the work signed by Shuster was by one of his ghost. I do like that really early Doctor Occult which is the real Shuster but I still enjoy the work by Cassidy.

:banana:

Edited by BB-Gun

Within the debate between Action #10 vs. Action #13; shouldn't content come into play?

Both are early Superman covers, neither is easy to come by, and both are great issues respectively.

Action Comics #10 sports the 3rd cover appearence of Superman (reminiscent of a scene from Action #2), 2nd unofficial appearence of Jimmy Olsen (still unnamed), and the CLASSIC splash that would eventually become the cover of Superman #1 (one of the most iconic GA superhero images in history).

Action Comics #13 sports the 4th cover appearence of Superman (a cover more popular amongst some) and features the 1st appearence of the Ultra-Humanite.

Both great books and while they're very close in my book, I have to give the edge to Action #10. (thumbs u

The bolded comment above is not lost on me at all. Matt and I wrote an article for CBM many years ago that led to the insertion of that comment into the Price Guide

The bolded comment above is not lost on me at all. Matt and I wrote an article for CBM many years ago that led to the insertion of that comment into the Price Guide

:golfclap:

Very deserving notation IMHO. (thumbs u

I don't think the work by Guardineer makes the cover any less desirable. It is a really cool train. And most of the work signed by Shuster was by one of his ghost. I do like that really early Doctor Occult which is the real Shuster but I still enjoy the work by Cassidy.

:banana:

oh no, I still desire a #13, just prefer a #10, that's all. (thumbs u

This is something I appreciate very much.

I'm not sure, and I'd love to hear if I'm wrong, but I believe that The Ultra-Humanite is the first super-villain ever.

Ultra Humanite had a crippled body, but a "Super" mind.

And used it to battle Supes, until Lex came along that is and stole the show.

(thumbs u

Ultra Humanite had a crippled body, but a "Super" mind.

And used it to battle Supes, until Lex came along that is and stole the show.

(thumbs u

Ultra was an interesting character but she could be easily confused with Lois or Luthor. The atomic bomb was mentioned in this story. Jerry must have read too much science fiction.

2319507584_b3be89fa12_z.jpg