• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

Any other boardies with Early Actions? (shrug)

Haven't seen many Action #2's, a book that I consider to be one of the most underrated issues of the Golden Age. :cloud9:

Strange, I have owned more action 2's (6) in the past 2 years than any other early action...maybe the most common next to 4,5 and 6 (thumbs u

Did you already rank them by the hardest to find in this thread? Which issue do you think is the toughest of the first 13 issues?
toughest is 13 followed by 12... Then 3,8,9. ... Then 7 and 10... Then 1&2... Then 11,4,5,6.

Did you already rank them by the hardest to find in this thread? Which issue do you think is the toughest of the first 13 issues?
toughest is 13 followed by 12... Then 3,8,9. ... Then 7 and 10... Then 1&2... Then 11,4,5,6.
I disagree! :grin:

then #49! lol

just kiddin' :grin:

then you are just wrong :baiting:

then you are just wrong :baiting:
lol

from what i have seen in the market place over the past couple of years "3" is the rarest action comic. IMO...
3 is second to 13 and 12...there have been only 3 issues of 13 I have seen for sale in the past 6 years or so, 4 copies of issue 12, and 5 copies of issue 3... that is why I rank them in that order (thumbs u

from what i have seen in the market place over the past couple of years "3" is the rarest action comic. IMO...
3 is second to 13 and 12...there have been only 3 issues of 13 I have seen for sale in the past 6 years or so, 4 copies of issue 12, and 5 copies of issue 3... that is why I rank them in that order (thumbs u

Interesting b/c there are 11 unrestored #13s on the census. And for example only 5 unrestored #9s.

Interesting b/c there are 11 unrestored #13s on the census. And for example only 5 unrestored #9s.

I would bet that there are possibly less 3s in existence than 12s or 13s..13 just has more demand due to the Supe cover compared to 3 or 12, so it seems scarcer. They are all very tough. I will say, after I let my blue 4.0 #13 go back in 2007, I have not seen another blue label #13 for sale publicly (except for a 1.0 on eBay I think)... Edited by Primetime

3 is second to 13 and 12...there have been only 3 issues of 13 I have seen for sale in the past 6 years or so, 4 copies of 12, and 5 copies of issue 3... that is why I rank them in that order (thumbs u

naturally # of slabbed copies doesn't always correlate to what is made available in the market. And I am not excluding restored and raw (thumbs u

I will comment later with my thoughts on rarest issues.
I am curious how you, a seasoned action collector views or "perceives" (thumbs u

I used market known and some private available sales and offerings to formulate my list so it is really not so much my opinion as market supported fact lol

3 is second to 13 and 12...there have been only 3 issues of 13 I have seen for sale in the past 6 years or so, 4 copies of 12, and 5 copies of issue 3... that is why I rank them in that order (thumbs u

naturally # of slabbed copies doesn't always correlate to what is made available in the market. And I am not excluding restored and raw (thumbs u

i think restored and unrestored are 2 different markets. But that's just me. You don't mind restored books.

i think restored and unrestored are 2 different markets. But that's just me. You don't mind restored books.

As far as i'm concerned, they are 2 different markets. Raw books are difficult to figure in as well. Do we count the Mile High Action #1 that virtually nobody here has seen? Is it restored or unrestored?

I like your supply and demand analysis. As for certain books like AF15 and a few other HOT GA books, supply may be more abundant...but demand stampedes supply.

As far as i'm concerned, they are 2 different markets. Raw books are difficult to figure in as well. Do we count the Mile High Action #1 that virtually nobody here has seen? Is it restored or unrestored?
the mile high action 1 hasn't been made available for sale...at least not that I know of (shrug)

the problem with a few of the issues (like 3 and 13 and such) is that unrestored copies virtually never come to public market for sale...

in the past 3 years (that I am aware of), not one copy of action 3 unrestored has come to market for sale...I got my 4.0 via a private transaction and sold it via a private transaction... in that time frame, I know of 2 action 13's, unrestored that changed hands...a 3.0 and a 9.0, but private sales... extend it to 6 years, and the number skew a bit more...

bottom line is that whether you like restored or not, or raw or not, or slabbed or not, the "market" as a whole will still absorb any copy that becomes available (at some price), and that is what I used in my overall analysis... (thumbs u

keep in mind, I am not making any comment or ascertion on "how many" copies exist, but copies that publicly (and even privately) change hands in the market place