• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

this book has been on ebay for months and months...and in the original text, he refered to "us" as cgc board weenies... enough to make me pass on by right there hm
Well that tec31 he has listed, he claimed much less was done to it when he was selling it raw many months back. So I would never do business with him.

I didn't see the new Action 5 in CGC 9.4 mentioned anywhere? Seems likely this could be coming from the Atlantic City collection given how much higher the other issues graded compared to all other sources(?).

I didn't see the new Action 5 in CGC 9.4 mentioned anywhere? Seems likely this could be coming from the Atlantic City collection given how much higher the other issues graded compared to all other sources(?).
It's possible. I remember seeing a #9 that wasn't in the first auction but, is supposed to be in a future auction.

well dont be a "weenie" and pay that kind of price.... I surely wouldnt, especially for a purple.

did anyone even see the price on his tec 38? that price will make you choke. :sick:

:shy:

Recent pickup. :banana:

Congratulations Jon! :applause:

Thanks Mike... I had a feeling you'd appreciate this one! (thumbs u

#12 has been a grail for me for quite a while, and it's been slow going ... I think I first started looking 5 or 6 years ago. Very excited to finally have one.

So what hit the stands first, Action #12 or Detective #26?

Gotta be Detective #26, since it has an April cover date vs. the May cover date on the Action #12, right?

I'm also curious if this same ad for Detective #27... or some variant thereof... appeared in any other DC titles from that month. Is this the first printed image of Batman?

Gotta be Detective #26, since it has an April cover date vs. the May cover date on the Action #12, right?

I'm also curious if this same ad for Detective #27... or some variant thereof... appeared in any other DC titles from that month. Is this the first printed image of Batman?

Don't take my word for it, but I think so. (thumbs u

Don't take my word for it, but I think so. (thumbs u

Probably so. There's no image of Batman in Tec 26, only text announcing that he'll be in the next issue.