• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Vintage D&D Character Sheets Here - And I know you have them!
1 1

269 posts in this topic

anyone have the cartoons? do they stand the test of time?

Not bad!

I actually bought the DVD for my son a few months ago. It was sitting at the counter of Borders for $5 so i figured i couldnt pass up 10-12 episodes for 5 beans. My 6 year old likes them but not as much as i do doh!

I never played, it just always seemed to complicated and like it required more creativity than I ever had.

edit: and a little fact that I omitted, I never really had any friends who played.

edit 2: I didn't really have many friends.

edit 3: do G.I. Joe figures count as friends!

Edited by BurnallMAbks

It was sitting at the counter of Borders for $5 so i figured i couldnt pass up 10-12 episodes for 5 beans.

Yessiree, bob! For a scant fin, you really can't lose! (thumbs u

:popcorn:

Besides, who didn't dig that sweet Lightning-bow?

Is this stuff worth any money?

I know I still have a fairly worn original dungeon masters guide, player manual, fiend folio etc somewhere.

Here is a site that lists scarcity and values of vintage D & D modules, books and boxed sets. Most are common and can be found of eBay regularly for $5-$20, even the non-first printings of the original core books from the late 70s and early 80s. Most of the 1st printings of the books or rule-sets can be valuable as you would expect. There is an early version of the Deities & Demigods book that has stats for the H.P. Lovecraft Cthulhu mythos. TSR used that stuff without permission and were forced to remove them from subsequent printings. That book is worth probably 10 times a regular version.

Dungeons and Dragons Scarcity and Value

Hey, I have that version! Got it brand new back in the day for Christmas.

I know I still have a fairly worn original dungeon masters guide, player manual, fiend folio etc somewhere.

Here is a site that lists scarcity and values of vintage D & D modules, books and boxed sets. Most are common and can be found of eBay regularly for $5-$20, even the non-first printings of the original core books from the late 70s and early 80s. Most of the 1st printings of the books or rule-sets can be valuable as you would expect. There is an early version of the Deities & Demigods book that has stats for the H.P. Lovecraft Cthulhu mythos. TSR used that stuff without permission and were forced to remove them from subsequent printings. That book is worth probably 10 times a regular version.

That is cool Shadow it's neat to be an original owner of that book. I picked one up about 15 years ago in a used book store for about 10 bucks.

Does yours have the note on page 4 to chaosium? If so , it's a 2nd print. I just sold mine for $45, if it doesn't, it's a first print and a $100 book

Does yours have the note on page 4 to chaosium? If so , it's a 2nd print. I just sold mine for $45, if it doesn't, it's a first print and a $100 book

Just checked. It's got the pg. 4 mention of Chaosium. Darn. (Not that I was going to sell it anyways.)

I own this little gem. Cover to the module Blizzard Pass. Bought directly from Tim Truman about 4 years ago

th_blizpass_98a.jpg

Cool! Never thought about the original module and book art. Anyone know TSR's position on the originals? Did they keep them? Give them back to the artists? hm

I own this little gem. Cover to the module Blizzard Pass. Bought directly from Tim Truman about 4 years ago

th_blizpass_98a.jpg

Cool! Never thought about the original module and book art. Anyone know TSR's position on the originals? Did they keep them? Give them back to the artists? hm

Very, very hard to find any originals from the earliest 15 years or so.

th_blizpass_98a.jpg

Been trying to track down Erol Otus for years like he was an old HS girlfriend. :censored:

I tracked him to a game design company but he never responded to inquiries.

th_blizpass_98a.jpg

Been trying to track down Erol Otus for years like he was an old HS girlfriend. :censored:

I tracked him to a game design company but he never responded to inquiries.

It's ironic that the word "tracking" looks a lot like "stalking".

lol, maybe that is why he won't respond.

Anyone ever asked willingham about his? He should be accessible enough.

I asked him about 5 years ago..it's long gone.