• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 Registry Awards

424 posts in this topic

I want to congratulate all the winners too. :)

I don't have a speech, but I wanted to single out a few forumites that should have also won.

Bosco685-

Nick, in the geekiest way of putting, is our very own Dark Knight. If it wasn't for his endless campaigning for a Copper Age Section to the contest, three indivuals wouldn't have won Best in Modern Awards, imho. He deserves a debt a gratitude for his hard work in his Registry Set presentations and making the forums a better place for all of us. Thank you Nick.

Cheryllynn-

Not even a return PM from the all mighty Steve Borock could get me to join the CGC boards, all it took was Cheryllynn. Cheryl has shown so much passion in her collecting and presenting her Alpha Flight, she easily deserves a long overdue Best Presentation award. Like Nick, I consider Cheryl a close friend, close enough with Nick and other boardies to honor my father who passed with flowers at his funeral. She quite possibly is the nicest and most positive forumite here, that was also a "rival" set collector of mine.

RockMyAmadeus-

We really don't know each other, but I appreciate all his hard work sharing his never-ending comic knowledge to the boards. Love him or hate him, he is an important member to our funny book reading community that dwindles every year.

Marvelfangirl-

The Sandra Bullock of the Boards. Ever cheerful, yet nononsense, Sara has demonstrated a positive spin on the next generation of comic collectors. Whenever, I'm down in the dumps, alot this year, I can always depend on her to cheer me up.

Boozad-

Gav, you were robbed of the Best Forumite Award. Period.

Gemma-

Takes more poop than a septic truck driver on debates about logo variants to uneccessary additions, yet somehow manages to make the Registry Sets work. With style. Without her, none of this would happen. :applause:

Great list of Winners!!! Congrats Cheetah!!!

CaptainTripps original owner JIM set is UNREAL... :o

Ricomortis' complete 9.8 run of pre-unity books... :applause:

NewEnglandGothic...well deserved...:golfclap:

Sckao

G.A.tor

FlyingDonut

:applause:

Bosco685-

Nick, in the geekiest way of putting, is our very own Dark Knight. If it wasn't for his endless campaigning for a Copper Age Section to the contest, three indivuals wouldn't have won Best in Modern Awards, imho. He deserves a debt a gratitude for his hard work in his Registry Set presentations and making the forums a better place for all of us. Thank you Nick.

:blush:

Jerel, this was more of a reward than anything CGC could offer. I am honored to call you "friend."

(worship)(worship)(worship)

I don't have a speech, but I wanted to single out a few forumites that should have also won.

Cheryllynn-

Not even a return PM from the all mighty Steve Borock could get me to join the CGC boards, all it took was Cheryllynn. Cheryl has shown so much passion in her collecting and presenting her Alpha Flight, she easily deserves a long overdue Best Presentation award. Like Nick, I consider Cheryl a close friend, close enough with Nick and other boardies to honor my father who passed with flowers at his funeral. She quite possibly is the nicest and most positive forumite here, that was also a "rival" set collector of mine.

Thank you for your kind words best friend. ;)

(now to catch you in post count.... NOT!)

Bosco685-

Cheryllynn-

RockMyAmadeus-

We really don't know each other, but I appreciate all his hard work sharing his never-ending comic knowledge to the boards. Love him or hate him, he is an important member to our funny book reading community that dwindles every year.

Marvelfangirl-

The Sandra Bullock of the Boards. Ever cheerful, yet nononsense, Sara has demonstrated a positive spin on the next generation of comic collectors. Whenever, I'm down in the dumps, alot this year, I can always depend on her to cheer me up.

Boozad-

Gav, you were robbed of the Best Forumite Award. Period.

Gemma-

Takes more poop than a septic truck driver on debates about logo variants to uneccessary additions, yet somehow manages to make the Registry Sets work. With style. Without her, none of this would happen. :applause:

Well said Jerel, there are a lot of great people here. That's why I've enjoyed being here and sharing some time with people I don't know very well. Thanks to all of you, and to CGC and Gemma, very well done. :applause:

Weird thing is that there is 3 holes in my registry set in the annoucement, but they are in my set when I look at it. Did something get missed? I didn't make any changes.

It says "almost complete" but it is. The missing books have been in there since 2008. (shrug)

Special Congrats to CHEETAH for best overall collector!!! In looking at his massive collection, not a surprise at all, but definitely an honor well deserved!

Wow! Thanks! That is really cool. Given all the incredible sets out there, I'm really honored. Congrats to all the other winners, too! There are a lot of totally amazing comic book collections out there!

Just managed to log in and see the winners today. Congratulations to all, and most especially to you Cheetah! Awesome collection, and well deserved!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Special Congrats to CHEETAH for best overall collector!!! In looking at his massive collection, not a surprise at all, but definitely an honor well deserved!

Wow! Thanks! That is really cool. Given all the incredible sets out there, I'm really honored. Congrats to all the other winners, too! There are a lot of totally amazing comic book collections out there!

Just managed to log in and see the winners today. Congratulations to all, and most especially to you Cheetah! Awesome collection, and well deserved!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Kudos to you too Carlos! TUROK!!

The sets that received recognition are truly awesome. Everyone should take a look (if you haven't already)

Kudos to you too Carlos! TUROK!!

The sets that received recognition are truly awesome. Everyone should take a look (if you haven't already)

Thanks Cheryllynn! :)

Quite frankly, I am still in shock.

I, too, congratulate all of the winners in this year's awards.

But I also congratulate all of my fellow boardies and collectors. Without you, the hobby I enjoy so much would have died out long ago.

I also echo all positive praise of Gemma. What you do for all of us is unprecedented in nature. And while you may think it is just part of your job, I - for one - truly appreciate your dedication and professionalism.

Congratulations all!

Weird thing is that there is 3 holes in my registry set in the annoucement, but they are in my set when I look at it. Did something get missed? I didn't make any changes.

It says "almost complete" but it is. The missing books have been in there since 2008. (shrug)

Don't let Dre fool you...he's BITTER over this. lol