• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your Gaines File Copies

178 posts in this topic

I'd love to know what the original TFTC prices were if you have those as well. Thanks for the great info!

Sure...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original GFC Crypt of Terror/Tales from the Crypt prices:

17 $2,000.

18 $1,600.

19, 20 $1,200.

21 $960.

22 $800.

23 $640.

24, 25 $560.

26 thru 31 $480.

32 thru 46 $400.

----------------------------

Amazingly, there were individual copies available for every single issue. Just one or two copies each of 17 thru 23, but then three copies each of most of the rest of the run.

Mad601stSpyvsSpyGainescopy.jpg

Back cover is from the reader copy I keep with the slabbed book

Mad60A-1.jpg

very nice GF and funny front and back cover :)

I need to get one of those Nixon buttons Alfred is wearing for the Gator

Mad60A-1.jpg

lol

My low grade GFC. I have posted this before but a long time ago so figured I'd put it up on this thread. Cert shows 12/12.

Whenever I look at it I can't get over that it's almost 60 years old because the colors are so strong and cover so glossy. Glad that blunted corner and stress marks on spine are there since it made for a GFC I could afford in one of the horror series.

HauntOfFear23.jpg

Mad60A-1.jpg

oh, that is rich. i can't wait 'til gator finishes his shower up at penn state and reads it.

I've never seen a slabbed copy of this issue. What a beautiful copy! What surprises me is that CGC chose to encapsulate this side of the cover. I assume that is because Kennedy won, but the Nixon side has all the distribution marks and month/year info. I wonder, does CGC give the submitter a choice of which side they want to face the front?

I've never seen a slabbed copy of this issue. What a beautiful copy! What surprises me is that CGC chose to encapsulate this side of the cover. I assume that is because Kennedy won, but the Nixon side has all the distribution marks and month/year info. I wonder, does CGC give the submitter a choice of which side they want to face the front?

The Nixon side also has the issue number.

I had a few Avengers graded that had covers on both sides. Based on that, CGC didn't seem to have a preference during slabbing. Some showed one side of the comic and some showed the others. CGC's QA/QC isn't always up to the task on oddities.

I continue to marvel at Marie's color designs -- those two are outstanding!

I had a few Avengers graded that had covers on both sides. Based on that, CGC didn't seem to have a preference during slabbing. Some showed one side of the comic and some showed the others. CGC's QA/QC isn't always up to the task on oddities.

Seems like they would/should always face the label so that the staple side was on the left.

Seems like they would/should always face the label so that the staple side was on the left.

Yes, you would think that would be common sense.

The Nixon side also has the issue number.

I never thought about that, which would indicate they thought it more likely that Nixon was going to win.

I can't imagine CGC doing it, but I would gladly have paid extra to have this slabbed with labels on both sides.