• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your Gaines File Copies

178 posts in this topic

I don't use gloves because our resident police officer, sacentaur, taught me that you can rub the oils off of your fingertips giving you 20 seconds or so of oil-free hands...

People used to look at me like I was nuts, but now I see more and more guys wiping their fingers before handling a raw book (and it's a prerequisite to handling any of my books, as well).

I don't use gloves because our resident police officer, sacentaur, taught me that you can rub the oils off of your fingertips giving you 20 seconds or so of oil-free hands...

People used to look at me like I was nuts, but now I see more and more guys wiping their fingers before handling a raw book (and it's a prerequisite to handling any of my books, as well).

I wipe mine under the seat while I'm driving...

I wipe mine under the seat while I'm driving...

That's probably better than wiping them on your screen name. hm

This one I still have.

Mad10.jpg

How the heck is that a 9.4, Mark? Wow, Gaines bump for sure!

I've learned not to question.

Of course, in the 6 or so years since I bought this copy I also learned not to pay ridiculous prices for Gaines file copies! :insane:

My old copy.

Mad1.jpg

That is just a mind blowing comic. You must miss it.

When I first bought it this book was one of my most prized items in my collection. At that time there were just 3 of them in 9.8 (which is mind blowing).

Not long after, magically, there were 6 copies in 9.8 (which is just pathetic quite frankly). I was happy to get rid of it, even at a loss.

Very nice!!! :applause:

Gotta love Gaines copies.
This is so true! Though prior to the passage of MCGALOGFC II* it was only required that the collector have a "deep and abiding respect" for them.

* MCGALOGFC - Mandatory Comic Geek Appreciation of Gaines File Copies

Marie Severin did such a wonderful job designing the color for these latter EC covers. :cloud9:

HOF #28 white pager. Maybe in 5 or 6 more years I'll have my run complete. (shrug)

HOF28CGC94FC.jpg

Marie Severin did such a wonderful job designing the color for these latter EC covers. :cloud9:

HOF #28 white pager. Maybe in 5 or 6 more years I'll have my run complete. (shrug)

I agree wholeheartedly. I can't even begin to name or describe some of the colors and color palettes she developed for EC. She certainly brought a bold, fresh, and memorable face to some of their publications. She was and is absolutely first class.