• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your Gaines File Copies

178 posts in this topic

Paid a little more than I was expecting, but still a nice addition to my sporadic run. HOF #6:

HOF6CGC98FC-1.jpg

Great pick up! That is a beautiful copy.

Thanks Jeff. Not the most gruesome cover for a HOF, but had to get it. They seem to be getting harder to find in higher grades. Now, if only I could find #17 in 9.6 to fit my run. :baiting:

Paid a little more than I was expecting, but still a nice addition to my sporadic run. HOF #6:

HOF6CGC98FC-1.jpg

Great pick up! That is a beautiful copy.

Thanks Jeff. Not the most gruesome cover for a HOF, but had to get it. They seem to be getting harder to find in higher grades. Now, if only I could find #17 in 9.6 to fit my run. :baiting:

We could probably work something out if you are interested.

That's a clever cover scence! lol

It's too bad about the downgrade. :(

Was a 9.2 until I sent it back in to fix a cracked case...wasn't happy when it came back!

panic1t.jpg

A much needed bump to the thread. It's been a while. I want to thank Cheetah for letting me pull this one from his collection. I am now over 50 % on the HOF Gaines run. Was wondering if anyone out there has added some new GFCs to their collection in the past few months and might be willing to share them here. I know Cheetah has. :gossip:

HOF17CGC96FC.jpg:gossip:

In addition to the books posted below, I also have a raw Weird Science 14 which I bought directly from Russ Cochran back in 1991 when he first put them up for sale. It was one of the books offered individually, usually copies 6, 7, and 8, where there was a total of 12.

I also have a Weird Science 16 in 9.8, but the only scan I have is too huge to post here. Also have a Weird Fantasy 13 in 9.2 (that's the Feldstein Mars cover, perhaps my favorite of all his astronomical spacescapes).

ss17gfc.jpg

wf8gfc.jpg

isf33gfc.jpg