• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

On 04Sept15, the FF crew set up a full size prop of a Kirby Gas Station on a corner parking lot in downtown Vancouver about 2 blocks from where I work. There was a black metal fence around the set & security guards that said, No pictures please.

In the back alley were 2 tall Palm trees. I didn't know NY had Palm trees. foreheadslap.gif

Right in front of Macleod's used bookstore is a NY subway station prop w/ NY graffitti. One side of the prop says Franklin Station. Otherside says to Flatbush. Also metal newspaper boxes of USA Today & the NY Post? were next to this set.

There were 2 Vancouver city motorcycle cops on the perimeter to direct traffic around the site. And no I did not see anyone famous walking around the set.

confused-smiley-013.gif

There were 2 Vancouver city motorcycle cops on the perimeter to direct traffic around the site. And no I did not see anyone famous walking around the set.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Theres is no one famous in this movie

On 04Sept15, the FF crew set up a full size prop of a Kirby Gas Station on a corner parking lot in downtown Vancouver about 2 blocks from where I work. There was a black metal fence around the set & security guards that said, No pictures please.

On www.comics2film.com, they describe it as the Kirby Gallery, and there are pictures. Apparently, the Thing, in overcoat and fedora, walks past the gallery, and sees a bust of himself in the window. I think it said the bust was done by Alicia Masters.

Yes, the Kirby/Alicia Masters Gallery is right next to the corner Kirby gas station set made of aged-looking metal. There are small framed pics on the interior walls of the Gallery but I couldn't get a pic b/c they were starting to dismantle the set this morning.

Man, I hope the make-up is good.

Makes me think of the Hulk....I wonder what kind of decision they had to make about the Thing being real or CGI.

cost. CGI is much more expensive than having him wear prosthetic makeup.

Looks absolutely horrible. Almost as bad as the one in the low-budget FF movie from ten years ago. 893whatthe.gif

The one that the makeup/special effects company did at the show earlier this year was a million times better.