• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I thought this was a typo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-232-CGC-9-2-WHITE-1st-Ras-Al-Ghul-Neal-Adams-Art-DC-Bronze-Age-Comic-/380782006628?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58a8605164#ht_4195wt_1215

Good grief! Especially since a 9.6 with perfect centering and white pages sold at auction last month for a little more than where this one is sitting right now.

Sparklecity sure does sell certain books at nutty prices.

Besides the Joker, Ras is the coolest Bat villain. It's about time Ras Al Ghul started to rise in value.

I have always felt that Batman #232 is undervalued. We have seen it start to rise over the past year, but for a book that features the 1st app of a key villain + outstanding Adams artwork it has long been priced too low. (thumbs u

Edited by kimik

I have always felt that Batman #232 is undervalued. We have seen it start to rise over the past year, but for a book that features the 1st app of a key villain + outstanding Adams artowrk it has long been priced too low. (thumbs u

Completely agree.I mean really Ras to me is only second to the Joker. (shrug)

Well, if there's any logic to our past time, Bats 232 should be the biggest key of the Adams run. As it stands, I put it behind Bats 227, 'Tec 400, and (embarrasingly) Bats 222. 232 was the very first book I bought after a 30 year hiatus from the hobby. It was the one that I had to have no matter what.

I have always felt that Batman #232 is undervalued. We have seen it start to rise over the past year, but for a book that features the 1st app of a key villain + outstanding Adams artwork it has long been priced too low. (thumbs u

the problem with #232 has always been the supply vs #227

9.8 39 vs 6

9.6 75 vs 15

9.4 96 vs 31

I like Detective 395. Believe or not, I think the cover is a stunner, close to 227, heresy, I know, And it has the bonus of one of the better O'Neal/Adams stories. January 1970, start of the decade, first Detective or Batman (not counting B & B, or WF, which were team-up books) comic with Adams interior art. In it's own league, when all the positives considered.

Well, if there's any logic to our past time, Bats 232 should be the biggest key of the Adams run. As it stands, I put it behind Bats 227, 'Tec 400, and (embarrasingly) Bats 222. 232 was the very first book I bought after a 30 year hiatus from the hobby. It was the one that I had to have no matter what.

Story and significance -wise, Batman #232 is above Bats #222, 227, Tec #400 (and even Tec #395. The Tec #31 cover swipe is the reason #227 is currently selling for higher prices, and lower HG supply is why #222 and Tec #400 are pricier in high grades.

However, if you look at lower grade copies, Batman #232 and #227 are closer in price until the 9.0 grade. The "entry price" for a Batman #232 has been creeping up significanlty over the past year or so. VG copies that sat for $50 are now quick sales in the $100 - $125 range. :banana:

Edited by kimik

The Oakland 227 closed at $2,407.00. I thought it would go much higher. Congrats to whomever won it. It sure is a beautiful book.

justin case has no excuse. :wishluck:

Yea, I hope a boardie won it. CL screwed up. I didn't receive an outbid notice and miscalculated the ending time. I can buy Christmas presents for the family instead now. doh!

The Oakland 227 closed at $2,407.00. I thought it would go much higher. Congrats to whomever won it. It sure is a beautiful book.

justin case has no excuse. :wishluck:

Yea, I hope a boardie won it. CL screwed up. I didn't receive an outbid notice and miscalculated the ending time. I can buy Christmas presents for the family instead now. doh!

I didn't win. I have had outbid notifications stuff up in the past too.

I was able to pick up a very well priced copy on Black Friday from a retailer in Holtsville, NY. The bottom staple has seen better days but the cover is still attached. I'll be looking for an upgrade someday but she'll do just fine for now. :banana:

71929df0-dc54-41cf-a345-9c6baa3d4769_zps6babcbcf.jpg

I was able to pick up a very well priced copy on Black Friday from a retailer in Holtsville, NY. The bottom staple has seen better days but the cover is still attached. I'll be looking for an upgrade someday but she'll do just fine for now. :banana:

71929df0-dc54-41cf-a345-9c6baa3d4769_zps6babcbcf.jpg

pick up that anyday