• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I thought the Oakland was a bargain considering the pedigree and the great presentation. Be interesting to see if it comes back as a 9.8 with a press.

Good call on this one. No PQ bump.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2014feb%26pg%3D2%23Item%5F997368&id=997368

I thought the Oakland was a bargain considering the pedigree and the great presentation. Be interesting to see if it comes back as a 9.8 with a press.

Good call on this one. No PQ bump.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2014feb%26pg%3D2%23Item%5F997368&id=997368

as if that matters, $50 investment for a $2500 return.

Edited by paperheart

I was surprised it didn't get the PQ bump along with the 9.8. Nevertheless, a beautifully registered book. My naive side wants to believe the owner just did a straight resub. I don't listen to my naive side much anymore.

Based on recent auction action it looks like Batman #232 is starting to pop.

It is? hm

There is a pop in most grades from 6.5 - 9.2 in December and January on GPA. 8.5s are now a $400+ book, and the last 9.2 hit $910 (but this is likely an aberration).

Based on recent auction action it looks like Batman #232 is starting to pop.

It is? hm

There is a pop in most grades from 6.5 - 9.2 in December and January on GPA. 8.5s are now a $400+ book, and the last 9.2 hit $910 (but this is likely an aberration).

I noticed a 9.8 white sold on ComicLink for $2400, that's the highest I've seen for a long time.

RADCC950201419_151359.jpg

Damn that's nice. :luhv:

Yeah. Wish I manned up about stretched credit card on this one. I had a feeling this would happen. Me being a PQ snob was the only thing that held me back. Well, congrats again to the buyer. This will flip well.

I was surprised it didn't get the PQ bump along with the 9.8. Nevertheless, a beautifully registered book. My naive side wants to believe the owner just did a straight resub. I don't listen to my naive side much anymore.

you still believe in Santa and Unicorn :baiting:

you still believe in Santa and Unicorn :baiting:

:banana:

Nah, I only believe in the tax man. He's coming soon, too.

I thought this was a typo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-232-CGC-9-2-WHITE-1st-Ras-Al-Ghul-Neal-Adams-Art-DC-Bronze-Age-Comic-/380782006628?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58a8605164#ht_4195wt_1215

Good grief! Especially since a 9.6 with perfect centering and white pages sold at auction last month for a little more than where this one is sitting right now.

Sparklecity sure does sell certain books at nutty prices.

Besides the Joker, Ras is the coolest Bat villain. It's about time Ras Al Ghul started to rise in value.

I regret walking away from the CLink auction last year when the 9.4 went for $550. I have a 227 in 9.4 and would like a matching 232. Like you, I believe that Ras Al Gul is the best villain after the Joker. One day I will pick it up again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-232-CGC-9-2-WHITE-1st-Ras-Al-Ghul-Neal-Adams-Art-DC-Bronze-Age-Comic-/380782006628?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58a8605164#ht_4195wt_1215

Good grief! Especially since a 9.6 with perfect centering and white pages sold at auction last month for a little more than where this one is sitting right now.

Besides the Joker, Ras is the coolest Bat villain. It's about time Ras Al Ghul started to rise in value.

I regret walking away from the CLink auction last year when the 9.4 went for $550. I have a 227 in 9.4 and would like a matching 232. Like you, I believe that Ras Al Gul is the best villain after the Joker. One day I will pick it up again.

This has long been an underrated BA key. It is the most important Batbook post-1970 and if not for the high supply would have run up higher already.

It is interesting - a few years back you could pick up VF or better copies of any Adams Batbooks readily. Now the supply is fairly dry.

This has long been an underrated BA key. It is the most important Batbook post-1970 and if not for the high supply would have run up higher already.

It is interesting - a few years back you could pick up VF or better copies of any Adams Batbooks readily. Now the supply is fairly dry.

Not only is it rare and very sought out with low print runs but even more on an exponential level of the foreign versions. They are reprints of the original but only one person in the whole forum has the Australian version. My 2 year long $1000 offers cannot even be met due to the scarcity of such a gem...

It is a worldwide desired book, not many books have that level of demand....