• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Featured Auction did you win or lose

256 posts in this topic

Outbid on the Adventure Comics 353 (love me some Fatal Five). :cry:

But put in what I figured was a low bid on Avengers 89, thinking I wouldn't stand a chance. Absolutely love that Captain Marvel cover. Low and behold, I won it. Awesome!

Avengers89.jpg

Roy (vintagecomics) had the FF #4 9.6 listed on ebay before it moved to the CL auction....

I actually sold that book to a private buyer for what I thought was a really strong price. The buyer had it in the comic link auction within a couple of days of receiving it.

I'm happy with the sale I made. Interesting to see what it does at auction.

Let us know if he takes a bath or not. :wishluck::P

You want to see a bath? Avengers 9 White Mountain sold for $6K in Feb 2009 and just ended tonight at $2K. I wonder if the consignor saw upgrade potential that didn't pan out or just got caught up in the Avengers frenzy of 2009. Either way, that is a brutal haircut to take.

I was watching that one and was going to put in a last-minute bid, but couldn't get to my computer before the auction ended. Dang!!

I'm telling myself that I probably would have just bumped up the winning bidders final price.

Well--another Black Terror # 1 come and gone--I know it sold for basically guide (and basically the same price it sold for 2 years back), but given that there are like 6 collectors for it, I thought I might snag it for $100 or so less.

On the flipside, I got my Heritage wins today, including the Lloyd Jacquet bound copy of Black Terror 1-2. # 1 was a good read. I'd read a few Excitings but never quite picked up that his super strength came from...getting high on ether.

I've been the underbidder on almost everything I bid on. I was usually twice the next lowest bid but some trumped all my insufficiently_thoughtful_person bids.

I've never bought on Comic Link before and I'm having a hard time finding information on shipping costs and other post auction fees. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of additional costs if I win an auction? Or just provide a link to a page that spells it out, terms and conditions was pretty vague.

3% buyers fee if paying by credit card (no fee if check, M.O., etc).

15 bucks for shipping (up to 3 books ) in the U.S.

not really a win, but i'm happy to see ASM 37 9.4 went for almost a 1,000 more than I what I picked up the Twin Cities pedigree for on heritage the other week

a few of the ASMs i was watching went for alot higher than usual...

asm #75 cgc 9.4...$480

i thought the asm #6 & 7 would have went higher. both were 9.4 beauties.

$83,022 for the 8.5 FF#1! After 10%, that's roughly a profit of $5719.80 in 3 years. Not exactly a stellar return, but being in the green is better than in the red...#4 fetched $48,102.

Did that sale pencil out as a profit for the seller, Roy?

Roy (vintagecomics) had the FF #4 9.6 listed on ebay before it moved to the CL auction....

I actually sold that book to a private buyer for what I thought was a really strong price. The buyer had it in the comic link auction within a couple of days of receiving it.

I'm happy with the sale I made. Interesting to see what it does at auction.

:eek:

You, or him?

I have no complaints.

(thumbs u

You, or him?

I have no complaints.

(thumbs u

I was guessing you sold it for $50K, so I'm further guessing your buyer was very slightly optimistic and with the juice, took a bit of a bath. :eek:

$83,022 for the 8.5 FF#1! After 10%, that's roughly a profit of $5719.80 in 3 years. Not exactly a stellar return, but being in the green is better than in the red

This was one of a couple auctions I was watching closely. First Metropolis sells a copy for $300,000 (9.4) and now a 8.5 goes for $83,000.

Wonder what my 8.0 might be worth hm

$83,022 for the 8.5 FF#1! After 10%, that's roughly a profit of $5719.80 in 3 years. Not exactly a stellar return, but being in the green is better than in the red

This was one of a couple auctions I was watching closely. First Metropolis sells a copy for $300,000 (9.4) and now a 8.5 goes for $83,000.

Wonder what my 8.0 might be worth hm

I'll give ya $50K for it cash on the barrelhead! :sumo::wishluck::insane:

:jokealert:

(wish I had the scratch... :tonofbricks: )