• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy freaking fathers day to me!!!

158 posts in this topic

My sister had her face mauled by an Uncle's family dog. Latched on to her face but good and it took 30+ stitches to her lip, nose, eye etc.

They kept the dog and still have it. I'd have put it down.

I've had several dogs and love them but they are not human and they speak a different language that most of us never understand so I never felt completely safe around them. Ever.

My sister had her face mauled by an Uncle's family dog. Latched on to her face but good and it took 30+ stitches to her lip, nose, eye etc.

I've had several dogs and love them but they are not human and they speak a different language that most of us never understand so I never felt completely safe around them. Ever.

Uh oh, now Roy is a dog hater.

Get the pitch forks!

:applause:

How many stiches Jason?

Just 4 stitches. He said normally he would have done about 12 but since its a dog it's and hes worried about infection,he only did 4. He said I had a decent chunk missing so he wanted to stitch that up to minimize the scar.

Unlike Roy, I've never had a fear of any dog, ever. Just the opposite. For some reason ALL dogs love me. Literally every dog loves me for some reason. In a house or in the street, I stop and pet or play with pretty much every dog I see and they always like me. Almost every dog I see and play with the owner will say "oh my god! I've never seen him get that excited and play with someone like that!" (shrug)

This is the 1st time I've ever gotten bit by a dog. My neighbor growing up had 4 chows that I wrestle with every day and never got bit. My neighbor in college had 2 pits I played with every day and never got bitten. My brother in law has 2 freaking presa canary's and even those damn things never have bitten me. I can't believe the dog that finally attacked me is the damn dog I love more than anything!

I just got home a couple minutes ago and he came running up licking my face and rubbing on my feet for me to play with him. I can't believe he did this and now he has to go. Never in a million years would I have believed that he would attack ME ???

I love animals, but how can you give a dog away that might attack another child?

Perhaps donate him to a farm, if they KNOW the history, it might work....sad, hope you are feeling better.

I have to agree with Sharon. It really sucks to be in this position, and it is painful to look at the dog, but just imagine your daughter in the hospital right now and it will make the decision much easier.

No, it's no decision at all. I love that dog more than I can say but nothing compared to my family. I'm a old married guy so a scarred up face isn't a big deal to me. If something happened to my kids and they had to live their lives disfigured, I couldn't live with that!

He has to go unfortunately. Darth sent me the info for corgi rescue so I just hope they or his breeder can find someplace he can live and not hurt anyone :wishluck:

As I read through the thread I was thinking the exact same thing as Sharon.

I think it is still going to be difficult for anyone to take him, if they know your restoration was due to your pup.

eegads my mind is doing flips

tear seals

pieces added

color touch

ok

ok

I like the street cred idea better.

Just 4 stitches. He said normally he would have done about 12 but since its a dog it's and hes worried about infection,he only did 4. He said I had a decent chunk missing so he wanted to stitch that up to minimize the scar.

Unlike Roy, I've never had a fear of any dog, ever. Just the opposite. For some reason ALL dogs love me. Literally every dog loves me for some reason. In a house or in the street, I stop and pet or play with pretty much every dog I see and they always like me. Almost every dog I see and play with the owner will say "oh my god! I've never seen him get that excited and play with someone like that!" (shrug)

This is the 1st time I've ever gotten bit by a dog. My neighbor growing up had 4 chows that I wrestle with every day and never got bit. My neighbor in college had 2 pits I played with every day and never got bitten. My brother in law has 2 freaking presa canary's and even those damn things never have bitten me. I can't believe the dog that finally attacked me is the damn dog I love more than anything!

I just got home a couple minutes ago and he came running up licking my face and rubbing on my feet for me to play with him. I can't believe he did this and now he has to go. Never in a million years would I have believed that he would attack ME ???

I still don't get it..........how do you know that there is nothing wrong internally with the dog. Maybe you spooked him. Maybe he was playing, I play with my Australian Shepherd all the time and we wrestle and occassionally he accidentally bites me too hard. Its an accident and my fault. Clearly, your dog by returning to you and licking your face knows he F'd up and is trying to say he's sorry. Don't say you haven't ever messed up before. You just write him off like he isn't one of your family? There are SO many options out there to help you and NOT get rid of the dog......but you just write him off and want to give him away or kill him. And you say you're a dog person.........

This was clearly not an accidental or playful bite

well thats odd, because the OP said he had his dog on his back and was playing around with him.....sounds to me like the dog thought they might have been wrestling.

Uh oh, now Roy is a dog hater.

Get the pitch forks!

:applause:

How many stiches Jason?

Not a hater, just always consciously aware of how much damage they can do with on bit of those sharp teeth and that we don't speak the same language. Most people forget those two things.

I love dogs. I cried after my last one about 8 years ago.

Wow, I am shocked that your corgi attacked you so viciously :o I have a corgi of mine own as well and he has never really bitten anyone that bad. I've only felt a gentle bite once from him as I was leaving the front door. For some reason everytime he hears the door open, he starts barking like crazy and would sometimes make a little bite around your leg. It's funny how corgi's look soo cute and innocent, but on the inside they can have a temper and attack. Hope you get well soon!

well thats odd, because the OP said he had his dog on his back and was playing around with him.....sounds to me like the dog thought they might have been wrestling.

I mean, come on here......they've had the dog 3 years, he bit once at 6 months when he was clearly still a puppy, and since then, the dog has been fine with the exception of tonight, and thats enough to call this dog "vicious".......????????? Thats enough for the OP who claims (read: claims) himself to be a "BIG dog lover" to want to put him down........you sir (the OP) have no business owning a dog if thats how you feel.

I mean, come on here......they've had the dog 3 years, he bit once at 6 months when he was clearly still a puppy, and since then, the dog has been fine with the exception of tonight, and thats enough to call this dog "vicious".......????????? Thats enough for the OP who claims (read: claims) himself to be a "BIG dog lover" to want to put him down........you sir (the OP) have no business owning a dog if thats how you feel.

I said 'clearly", because from the description it sounded clear to me, regardless of whether or not the OP was initially playing with the dog. I think we all know what constitutes "horseplay" and what constitutes an attack when we see it. However, the final assessment should be left with the people who witnessed the incident.

Sorry to hear that Fathers Day ended so poorly for you, Sufunk but I'm glad to hear that you're realistic about the situation with your dog.

ANY dog can be vicious in the right circumstances and a dog that has been vicious unexpectedly once is VERY ilkely to be so again, it might not be next week, month or year but it is quite likely to happen. Hope fully it might find a new owner that is suitable but it shouldn't be allowed to be with children.

Some people make the mistake of judging dogs as if they were human when they're not. A dog might have a wonderful temperament but it still has the instincts of a carnivorous animal in there somewhere no matter how domesticated it is.

I love dogs and have had them all my life but I'll never fully trust any dog with a young child.

That is the type of horrendous thinking that allows a continued threat to children to exist in a home with a dog that has displayed violent tendencies. Don't rationalize the behavior, it is a pet and your child is your child. I don't care if you are a dog lover, if you can't differentiate between the two you have problems.

I agree comepletely with Roy. That dog would be put down the next day. That would be the prudent thing to do. If there was any other reason then attacking a human, every effort should be made to place the dog. Personally I couldn't live with myself if that same dog attacked someone else. (shrug)

If you grabbed his belly and he reacted like that, could there be an underlying issue? Maybe he has a medical problem that was aggravated when you grabbed his belly.

Sort of the first thing I was thinking... maybe something underlying with his stomach.

Especially after you said he had somewhat the same reaction when your daughter put her head near that area.

If you grabbed his belly and he reacted like that, could there be an underlying issue? Maybe he has a medical problem that was aggravated when you grabbed his belly.

Sort of the first thing I was thinking... maybe something underlying with his stomach.

Especially after you said he had somewhat the same reaction when your daughter put her head near that area.

While this is true, they've had the dog 3 years and the incident with his daughter was when the dog was 6 months old. That's a lot of time for there to be a problem with its stomach that hasn't shown in some other way (shrug)

My heart is breaking for you, Mr. Jason. I love dogs SO much that after I had to put mine down for old age I simply could and cannot own another one and go through that pain again. This was 10 years ago and just typing this is bringing that sorrow back to me. I truly, TRULY hope you'll be able to find a home for him :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: