• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storage Wars Comic book find.

92 posts in this topic

Its just like American Restoration, on one episode the son happens to find an old coffee maker next to the trash bin at school? Give me a break, so fake. After restoration he sells it for 10k to some old man that never counter offers?

I know the owner of the megos used in that one episode. Nuff said

They are recreating events that supposedly happened in real life. These guys buy hundreds of units a month. Obviously the cameras can't follow each and every one hoping for something good. When a locker is discovered with good stuff, they try to recreate it as best they can. If they have to rent out stuff to use as props, thats what they do.

I found this post on another forum about "Pawn Stars" (sorry for the all caps but that was the way it was posted).

"I WAS IN LAS VEGAS WEEK BEFORE LAST, AND WANTED TO VISIT THE PAWN SHOP THAT IS ON TV (PAWN STARS). ANYWAY, AFTER ARRIVING AT THE PAWN SHOP, WE WERE BROWSING AROUND THE STORE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS GIRL WALKED UP TO A GUY NEXT TO US AND ASKED HIM IF HE WOULD LIKE TO BE ON THE SHOW. HE AGREED AND FILLED OUT LEGAL PAPERWORK. THEN, ANOTHER GUY COMES UP TO HIM AND PULLS HIM TO THE SIDE AND SHOWS HIM SOME OLD MILITARY HELMETS AND GIVES HIM A STORY TO SAY ON HOW HE GOT THEM... HE SCHOOLS HIM A LITTLE ON THE HISTORY OF THE HELMETS... SHORTLY AFTERWARDS, SECURITY CLEARED THE STORE FOR FILMING PURPOSES.. THEY HAD US TO FORM A LINE OUTSIDE UNTILL FILMING WAS COMPLETE. I WAS THE VERY FIRST PERSON IN THE LINE, SO I COULD SOMEWHAT SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THE STORE. THAT GUY WALKS UP AND SHOWS RICK THE HELMETS AND TELLS HIM THE STORY AS HE WAS INSTRUCTED TO DO. RICK REVIEWS THE HELMETS AND THEY MAKE THE TRANSACTION.. THE GUY COLLECTS THE CASH AND WALKS OUT OF THE STORE WHILE BEING FILMED. AFTER HE EXITS THE STORE AND THE CAMERAS WERE OFF, HE TURNS BACK AROUND AND RE-ENTERS THE STORE AND GIVES THE CASH BACK...."

Ouch....I still love the show lol

Yeah, it is a great show. The episode where the guy brings in a double eagle in the store had such a potent air of farce that I picked-up the whiff of it immediately without a smell-o-vision equipped TV.

Guy walks in claiming he needs to bail (as in the jail kind) out a friend and needs some obscene amount of money. Walks in with a double eagle. He claims to have no idea of its value. But yet, he doesn't walk in wheeling anything else along with him - just a coin he claims to know nothing about.

The coin was immaculate. I mean, if this was something that landed in his lap, the odds are the kind that turn lotteries into wax pack gum prizes in scale and comparison.

IIRC, Rick has an expert confirm if its a variant (which it isn't) and gives the guy something like 30K for it. Might have been a little more.

But reading the post from the other forum, I'd have to put the bet on it being completed faked over someone having something like a double eagle coin and not having a clue to its value.

He was the bail bondsman and that was the security he took for the bail. The guy jumped bail so he was stuck with it. :baiting:

I'm skeptical of the whole situation - not that what you're saying might not jive, but I've had to be a bail bondsman and the court clerks don't accept anything other than cheque or cash. The cheque only gets cashed if the person skips bail, and money is returned if order is abided by. Not saying it isn't possible, but that is one trusting individual if he covered bail and took a coin as collateral without an appraisal.

I was in Vegas last month and visited the "Pawn Stars" shop. I have to tell you, I was severely disappointed. The shop was very dirty, objects were placed without much detail in the display cabinets, the carpet on the floor looked like it was 20 years old.

I thought with all the fame and traffic it got it would be in nicer shape. :(

Threads about these fake azz, scripted , feux reality shows drive me crazy. Liking them for being entertaining is one thing but believing anything on them? I am pointing and laughing at you. :baiting:

Another hilarious show is Hard Core Pawn.

I've been to that store many times, used to live a mile from it. It's just like the show... lots of crazy broke people lining the doors. I would not want to work there...

Another hilarious show is Hard Core Pawn.

I've been to that store many times, used to live a mile from it. It's just like the show... lots of crazy broke people lining the doors. I would not want to work there...

Les is a cheap lowballer that offers like $100 for stuff worth $1,000. The son, Seth, is an arrogant egomaniac with no people skills. The daughter is a pathetic whiner who probably can't get a job anywhere else. And, the customers are illiterates, crack addicts and every other sob story imaginable.

Yet I keep watching week after week. :blush: