• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

This isn't what I had in mind when I started this thread. I was bothered when someone tells me: "donna i shoot you in the head". I thought the beat me up ones were quite funny. I'll deal with this matter myself, even if I have to fly to a con. I'm more afraid of flying than dealing with Harold.

Have you reported it to the police, Mike?

Nope.
i think it would be a wise move to do so

This isn't what I had in mind when I started this thread. I was bothered when someone tells me: "donna i shoot you in the head". I thought the beat me up ones were quite funny. I'll deal with this matter myself, even if I have to fly to a con. I'm more afraid of flying than dealing with Harold.

Nope.
I expect they will get called when Harold and I meet.

Nope.
is this the nut-case from cleveland?

Yes, paying a fee would keep the nut-jobs away.

Of course it would.

Thanks!

I'm all for keeping those whohave no business here away for good.

CAL gathering momentum

He was being sarcastic, Cal.

And I agree with him...some of the most obnoxious/untrustworthy people in the hobby have a lot of money.

On the other hand, somebody like Liaton is just getting into the hobby, is still at school, but is an all-round good egg.

But he couldn't afford to join up.

We're throwing the baby out with the bath water here...and we still won't nail the psychos.

+1 (thumbs u

If it comes down to some exclusive club that you have to "splash the cash" to join then you can count me out...A discussion forum should be available to everyone not just those that can afford it.

Besides I don't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!

Cheers

PCC

You have not been a member a full 3 months but you post this?

All you are doing is giving me more reasons to get that proposal in sooner...

CAL 100% in motion

So you'd want PulpCultureComics off of the boards because he's new here and won't "splash the cash" to post here, Cal?

Well, I've met PCC and he's a nice guy and I can have a good discussion about comics and other stuff with him and if it's a choice of him being on the boartds or you, then I'd rather have him without a seconds hesitation.

I'm not saying that there is no logic to anything you're saying but as others have suggested, why not start your own comic forum that is set up for what you believe is wanted/needed?

Nope.

Just remember to hide his body before they get there. lol

Nope.

Yep. Harold is from Cleveland. He's in Florida now (I should post a classic PM exchange I rec'd from him about the various ethnic groups that reside in FL when he posted as "WaltT").

Nope.

Yep. Harold is from Cleveland. He's in Florida now (I should post a classic PM exchange I rec'd from him about the various ethnic groups that reside in FL when he posted as "WaltT").

i remember a classic conversation between him and a dealer at a cleve. show some yrs back regarding grading,where to put it,how far,ect,ect. made my entertainment for the day

Mike,

If I might make a suggestion... Have you considered bringing this to the police and then bringing the police to him in person at a con? Violence makes me nervous lol

That, or invite him to coffee and talk it over with him. That will confuse the heck out of him and should make for an interesting con report (thumbs U

Nope.

I agree, good sir. If for nothing else the results could lead to a far better discussion than the one this has become.

I know next to nothing about this Harold character, but I imagine a visit from the law would leave him crying with a big wet stain forming in his pantaloons.

I've scrolled this entire thread, only pausing for pictures and posts with two lines of text or less.

I've come to the conclusion that there are not enough pictures or two line posts to keep me entertained.

Nope.

I agree, good sir. If for nothing else the results could lead to a far better discussion than the one this has become.

I know next to nothing about this Harold character, but I imagine a visit from the law would leave him crying with a big wet stain forming in his pantaloons.

Sharon has called and told me the same thing. I told her I would think about it. Can you smoke in Jail? This might be the deal breaker.

Coffee is out of the question, Liaton but I do appreciate your opinion.

Nope.

Harold needs his azz beaten for sure. Not by you. Let his future "roomates" do it for you and relax knowing you are the better man.

Call the Police. Heck, call his work and see what they think about his internet savvy.

BTW, do we know for certain this was Harold? :foryou:

Nope.

Sharon has called and told me the same thing. I told her I would think about it. Can you smoke in Jail? This might be the deal breaker.

Coffee is out of the question, Liaton but I do appreciate your opinion.

no smoking in ohio jails,or so i am told :D

Nope.

Harold needs his azz beaten for sure. Not by you. Let his future "roomates" do it for you and relax knowing you are the better man.

Call the Police. Heck, call his work and see what they think about his internet savvy.

BTW, do we know for certain this was Harold? :foryou:

Harold has a particular hard-on for Mike - if I'm not mistaken, it's not the first time the little scumbag has sent him unsavory PMs.

I think personally, that Cal has a valid point. It is a little exclusionary but allowing people who actually use the services of the company to post here (nothing would prevent people from reading) would greatly reduce the riff raff, drive by postings, spam etc.

That's not to say that there wouldn't be any trouble with the system if it was harder to post on here but it would allow people who are truly serious about the product to discuss the product rather than just have an open door and no accountability.

It would also keep people from doing stuff that they normally do under complete anonymity.

There's certainly advantages to a stricter policy.

Perhaps there should be a nominal membership fee to join the Boards with CGC holding each Boards member's credit card on file.

Finally - voices of reason instead of silencing the messenger

CAL getting more and more determined

How about a mandatory psych eval while we're at it?

You just made "The List". Welcome.

I've been on "The List" for years :acclaim:

My apologies. So hard to keep up with it. I wish it would be published.

From 2007

Updated

The List

Shootydog

Park

Trmoore54

The Brain

Ze-man

Lizards-2

shadrock

ArAich

moonlite

pirate

Doctor Watson

OldGuy

Pontoon

cd4ever

bhhooks22

october

divad

arexcrooke

AMATEURS, one and all.

*I* was on The List back in 2001, suckas!

:acclaim: