• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics You personally can't Understand Cost So Much

682 posts in this topic

That GI Joe Comic with the Todd McFarlane cover. Why is that book so expensive?

I can't remember its number right now.

I don't think Todd McFarlane even drew that cover. It was a cover swipe of McFarlane's Spider-Man #1, drawn by another artist. lol

This inside however is a reprint of G.I. Joe #61 which Todd McFarlane did draw.

No, it's the story in #61 that was supposed to run, but never did. It's not a reprint.

Fantastic Four 12, 25, 112, 166 and 167.

Speaking as one who hoards Hulk/Thing battles, I can only say...... :sumo:

I picked up a nice 8.0 CGC pence version of 25 this past year on eBay. It's the only way I could afford a decent copy. I actually love the pence copies.

GL76
They'd have to come down about 75% in price before I would consider buying one.

I will never understand X-men 94. GSX should be far more expensive. Though I love my X-men collection, I will likely never buy that issue because I don't understand the price.

The 1st Alpha Flight appearances in X-men feels so outdated to me.

Pat

I will never understand X-men 94. GSX should be far more expensive. Though I love my X-men collection, I will likely never buy that issue because I don't understand the price.

Pat

Far more supply of GSX

i didnt read through the whole 19 pages, so if im just repeating others posts i apologize ahead of time, but for me its af 15...listen i get it, its the first appearance of spiderman so on and so forth but the book is so common. every show i see one in almost every other booth yet its getting real close to getting tec 27 and action 1 money.

i didnt read through the whole 19 pages, so if im just repeating others posts i apologize ahead of time, but for me its af 15...listen i get it, its the first appearance of spiderman so on and so forth but the book is so common. every show i see one in almost every other booth yet its getting real close to getting tec 27 and action 1 money.

The book has great demand.Spider-man is far the popular character in the CGC world. If you look at the GPAnalysis he outsells everybody else 2 to 1. Batman doesn`t even come up on Spidey`s radar when it comes to the sales of CGC comic sold.

Spidey is a market to himself.

The book has great demand.Spider-man is far the popular character in the CGC world. If you look at the GPAnalysis he outsells everybody else 2 to 1. Batman doesn`t even come up on Spidey`s radar when it comes to the sales of CGC comic sold.

i do understand that but theres a great supply to af15 as well. you can take these boards as an example, see how many boardies have an af 15 and how many have tec 27 or action 1. Again, i dont debate the significance of the book or its popularity, it just baffles me on how high it sells with so many copies available in every grade there is.

on the census there are over 1500 af 15 graded by cgc compared to 49 of tec 27...the last 8.0 tec sold for 1,075,000 and the last 9.6 of af 15 sold for 1,100,000...both are the highest grade in the census with there being only 1 of af 15 in 9.6 and 2 of tec 27 in 8.0, but if i had that money i would personally take the tec 27 if i had to choose just because i could show it off and have confidence no one nearby will have a copy...i dont know im just ranting now but the af 15 just seems to expensive for a book that almost everybody seems to have.

i do understand that but theres a great supply to af15 as well. you can take these boards as an example, see how many boardies have an af 15 and how many have tec 27 or action 1. Again, i dont debate the significance of the book or its popularity, it just baffles me on how high it sells with so many copies available in every grade there is.

on the census there are over 1500 af 15 graded by cgc compared to 49 of tec 27...the last 8.0 tec sold for 1,075,000 and the last 9.6 of af 15 sold for 1,100,000...both are the highest grade in the census with there being only 1 of af 15 in 9.6 and 2 of tec 27 in 8.0, but if i had that money i would personally take the tec 27 if i had to choose just because i could show it off and have confidence no one nearby will have a copy...i dont know im just ranting now but the af 15 just seems to expensive for a book that almost everybody seems to have.

Never entered my mind to pursue a 'Tec 27 or Action 1 because Supes and Bats simply hold no relevance to me personally. I collected Spidey and picked up my 1st AF15 nearly 20 years ago. Loved the book so much that my next major purchase was another AF15, and then another.

If you started collecting comics from 1980 - present, there's a pretty good probability AF15 is your grail, regardless of how many are available, there's always willing buyers.

'Tec 27 and Action 1 speak to a different generation of collections.

How about Ultimate Spider-man #1?

I read it and liked it,but I read and liked Spider-man 2099 and those issues of Spidey 2099 are not going for $100 plus.

Now that they have rebooted that title like twice and killed the character introduced in it you'll likely see demand for that book die off.

A great read and nice artwork but way overpriced

What are comics that you personally can't understand why they cost so much.

I know I'll get flack for this, but I personally can't see why Adventure Comics #247 is so expensive. I know it's the first Legion, but that book goes for stupid money.

+1

Adventure Comics #210 - First Krypto the Superdog.

Close to $300 for some beater copies. Damn.

That's the ironic kitsch factor kicking in. Or something. It is a scarce book but it's not as if there are many collectors who actually care about the character. lol