• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Jobs passes away.

259 posts in this topic

I am very sad about this today, but also happy that I've been working on his inventions since I was 10 years old and my mom brought home the Apple IIc in 1983. Thank you, Steve Jobs - I've put all your inventions to good use.

Apple's next product revealed (Steve's last project)...

IPOD

Invasion.jpg

:o:ohnoez: He's back k k k k!!!

On a more somber note, Steve's vision and passion for invention will be sorely missed by everyone. Even PIXAR's Woody weeps today. :(

I'm not a big fan of Jobs. He was, quite frankly, an a-hole to work for. However I will always respect him as being a brilliant business man and one with incredible vision. The industry will miss him.

Vision enough to break the story themselves that child labor was used to manufacture iPods, iPads, and iPhones. They came out looking like the good guys for breaking it. (I am also writing this on my iPad) I fear that Apple is done for with his passing they almost folded when he left before.

Fear not...

I am very sad about this today, but also happy that I've been working on his inventions since I was 10 years old and my mom brought home the Apple IIc in 1983. Thank you, Steve Jobs - I've put all your inventions to good use.

doh!

You have such a hard on for this. doh!

Get over it. :sumo:

doh!

You have such a hard on for this. doh!

Get over it. :sumo:

No, it just seems that I'm the only one not confused. I challenge anyone to name just one of Job's inventions.

doh!

Uh, yes. "inventions". Steve Jobs name is on hundreds of patents, because he was an inventor. He invented the iPod, the iMac and dozens of other things, as you can see from that article. Most of which, I have been using my entire life - hence my statement.

doh!

Uh, yes. "inventions". Steve Jobs name is on hundreds of patents, because he was an inventor. He invented the iPod, the iMac and dozens of other things, as you can see from that article. Most of which, I have been using my entire life - hence my statement.

Those aren't inventions, they're innovations.

No, it just seems that I'm the only one not confused. I challenge anyone to name just one of Job's inventions.

Hahahahahahahaha. You might want to leave the thread now.

Not up to the challenge?

According to the definition of "Inventor" held by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Jobs was an inventor many times over.

No one is arguing that he was the second coming of DaVinci or Thomas Edison.

Not up to the challenge?

According to the definition of "Inventor" held by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Jobs was an inventor many times over.

No one is arguing that he was the second coming of DaVinci or Thomas Edison.

I also challenge someone to explain how Jobs is better than any other major corporation CEO. How about U.S. manufacturing jobs? Where was the philanthropy?

Apple became exactly what they railed against in 1984.