• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Jobs passes away.

259 posts in this topic

Few know this, but Steve Jobs was always one of my 'heroes' as a child. He was the reason I decided to peruse a career in business (and beyond) and I have been an avid fan of his since his early days at Atari ( he created the arcade game 'Breakout'). I literally have tears in my eyes right now and am typing this on an original IPad.

He will be missed. He was definitely the Thomas Edison' of my generation, and in my opinion, his contributions to both the computer industry and business itself; are much greater than any other mind of this century or the last...

Sincerely,

'mint'

I'm not a big fan of Jobs. He was, quite frankly, an a-hole to work for. However I will always respect him as being a brilliant business man and one with incredible vision. The industry will miss him.

RIP.

I'm not a big fan of Jobs. He was, quite frankly, an a-hole to work for. However I will always respect him as being a brilliant business man and one with incredible vision. The industry will miss him.

Vision enough to break the story themselves that child labor was used to manufacture iPods, iPads, and iPhones. They came out looking like the good guys for breaking it. (I am also writing this on my iPad) I fear that Apple is done for with his passing they almost folded when he left before.

Truly sad news.

As an Information Manager, I've been inspired by his visions of revolutionising information accessibility, distribution and consumption.

As a nerd, my own life has been revolutionised through making hi-tech accessible and "Sexy"

A sad loss.

My sympathies to his family and friends.