• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2012 - It's Never to Early, Oct 11-14

486 posts in this topic

Last time I went to a Comic Convention in NYC it was in the

Penta Hotel across the street from Madison Square Garden.

I think this is a good time to go again.

mm

Last time I went to a Comic Convention in NYC it was in the

Penta Hotel across the street from Madison Square Garden.

I think this is a good time to go again.

mm

Sounds like you went to a Big Apple convention at the Penn Plaza Pavillion. Upstairs at the Penn Plaza is pretty small compared to the NY Convention Center (Jacob Javits). The show is usually filled with costume characters and ads for the latest hollywood movies. Floor is crowded in spite of the size. Prepare for culture shock.

bb

I just picked up another set of tickets for my niece and nephews. Yes, they charged NY sales tax. :sick:

A partial list of guests are posted on their website. The full artists alley list will probably be a month away.

While NYCC sold out of tickets 2 weeks before the show, at least it is easy for the general public to get tickets several months in advance. You can also get a hotel room in NY without jumping through hoops. Forget SDCC.

:whee:

Cheers!

N.

How do you contact artists in advance for commission pieces ?

What is the usual routine how something like that works out?

Some artists (or their agents) have their own websites. If they are taking commissions in advance, they will post details.

Every artist is different. Some artists do first come first served. Others with long lines will even do a lottery. Prices in NY tend to be higher than at other shows.

Cheers!

N.

I can recommend Acerno since I have seen a bunch of his work. He is usually at the convention but you can catch him on-line as well.

He worked for Marvel as an artist and inker. He does a professional job on recreations as well.

2962696925_95951a50d1_o.jpg

If he can do that Cinderella Love cover, then he could probably do what you have.