• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2012 - It's Never to Early, Oct 11-14

486 posts in this topic

Preview night and Friday are my primary days to shop and browse. Saturday and Sunday I'll be meeting up with my niece and nephews. I picked up tickets for them this year. It'll be the first time for my niece.

Although the weekend will be the busiest days, that's usually when I meet up with other original art collectors. Depending on the show layout, I usually meet up with other OA collectors in Artists Alley. I'm always glad to meet other board members just to put a face with the name even if only for a few minutes.

35 days to go. :banana:

I'm trying to work it out with my work schedule to come to the show. I'd like to meet all who are attending.

If I only attend on Thursday and Friday will I still be able to see all the comic dealers and boardies?

I'd probably need to leave to go back Friday night.

Thanks

I'll be there all 4 days Marc. I think that Jeresycomicboy and Micheal are going to be there on Friday only. So youll get to meet some of us for sure. As forthe dealers they will be there all weekend also.

Anyone take a look at the guest list recently? Are you happy with it or are you expecting more from this show? I'd be interested in hearing your feedback. (thumbs u

I looked at the entertainment guests (non-comic) and was surprised that there weren't more listed. Adam West and Burt Ward are the top of the heap? Really?

(shrug)

I know of at least 2 a list starts that the site has not mentioned yet but will be attending the show. I think as it gets closer to the show they'll show more. I would think have them upfront would be better.

I know of at least 2 a list starts that the site has not mentioned yet but will be attending the show. I think as it gets closer to the show they'll show more. I would think have them upfront would be better.

I agree...for a show that's trying to be the San Diego of the the East Coast, the guest list is a tad light. And they should definitely list the key guests sooner.

How soon before the event do they post the panel schedules? I'm also wondering what non-comic panels you guys are looking forward to. I'm partial to the comedy panels, I had a blast at the Childrens Hospital panel a couple years ago but didn't go to any panels at all last year.

Yoram

Are you definitely going? If so, I look forward to catching up with you in person.

NYCC organizers tend to update their guest list after person has "paid up" for their table / booth. This way they know for sure who's confirmed.

Smaller venues like Heroes Con and Baltimore tend to have just as impressive guest lists because of the lower cost for travel, hotel and exhibitor fees.

The usual big name suspects (Lee, Quesada, Mignola, etc.) usually come in under the corporate exhibit so it's easy for them to confirm their attendance in advance.

Cheers!

N.

Yoram

Are you definitely going? If so, I look forward to catching up with you in person.

NYCC organizers tend to update their guest list after person has "paid up" for their table / booth. This way they know for sure who's confirmed.

Smaller venues like Heroes Con and Baltimore tend to have just as impressive guest lists because of the lower cost for travel, hotel and exhibitor fees.

The usual big name suspects (Lee, Quesada, Mignola, etc.) usually come in under the corporate exhibit so it's easy for them to confirm their attendance in advance.

Cheers!

N.

HIya, Nelson

Thanks for the explanation regarding the guest list protocol for the NY show. I still don't think its beneficial towards attracting additional attendees nor is it beneficial to those attendees that need to prepare things in advance for signatures, best use of time/lineups etc.

Anyhow, I'll be there through Saturday, chained to the usual booth, and I look forward to seeing you there. (thumbs u

forgive me for barging in,

I've never tried for a big name sig. My 12 year old has got it into his head he wants Stan Lee's autograph on a comic, I'm willing to slab it if he's willing to pay for the sig.

question is how to go about getting Stan lee's autograph at NYCC? This will be my first time to that con. I know at sdcc, there was an advanced purchase autographing session w/ SL, does that happen at nycc? what's a good site to keep an eye on for info. abt SL's appearances?

thanks in advance