• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Subscribe to what? It is very rare for characters who are getting their own title to debut in a separate, full story in another title immediately before that. Usually, they will appear in another character's story or just debut in the first issue of their own title.

This is true. Anthology titles would often have back-up stories that sometimes premiered a character. usually they tried to get a better sense of whether they would succeed before giving them their own book and the backup became a regular (putting aside Spiderman in AF 15), but teen titans had already been around, this was just a re-boot with a few new characters. Image did this a lot though, but 20+ years later. Gwenpool in HTD as a backup story (but she didn't get her series right away). DC actually did the same thing with captain carrot in 1982 in teen titans 16 and then he got his own series. DC Comics presents was sort of like those anthology titles (maybe I am not using the right word), except it was Superman's "team up" book (like B&B became Batman's), but it often had non-superman backup stories in it, although it does not appear that any of them had character debuts that quickly became a series.

2 hours ago, Second Blight said:
3 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

These books are gaining value way too quickly

F2z544K.jpg

Expand  

Because the PnD crowd wants Clownhunter to be Red X.

I have no interest in that book whatsoever. I wish them luck. That whole run of Batman 
just is ugly to me.

4 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

These books are gaining value way too quickly

F2z544K.jpg

Out of all those 1:25 character variant covers the 96 is legit because it features the first appearance of the character inside.  Not sure if Clownhunter will ever be anything more than another sidekick but if they do something cool with him that's the book to own.

12 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Out of all those 1:25 character variant covers the 96 is legit because it features the first appearance of the character inside.  Not sure if Clownhunter will ever be anything more than another sidekick but if they do something cool with him that's the book to own.

I thought that was the appeal of 102 as well. And to a certain extent, 92, with the first "full" appearance of Punchline.

6 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I thought that was the appeal of 102 as well. And to a certain extent, 92, with the first "full" appearance of Punchline.

Did cgc ever make #92 a 1st full or 2nd appearance? I've awaited notes for batman beyond #37 too, cgc finally notated #25. Seemingly a long wait for certain characters 

And as for #92 2nd app really really don't get the notes

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

Sonic the Hedgehog 3D animated series on Netflix 2022

https://www.cbr.com/netflix-sonic-prime-logo/

I know, but there has already been a movie during the "spec era" and it didn't seem to do anything for the comics. 

3 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Batman #96 CGC 9.8 1:25 just sold for $400, what in the actual.....

Holy Spec Batman!

I'd list mine but it's been sitting int he London CGC office since last year. Can't pick it up due to Lockdown.

What;s the Raw prices like. I think I've got one in a box around here.

6 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Batman #96 CGC 9.8 1:25 just sold for $400, what in the actual.....

It’s a bogus sale as there were much lower priced ones available for $300 for the exact same book.  Why would anyone buy it now at the most expensive price? Some clown who stocked up on the issue and is trying to boost the price. I’d avoid both the seller and buyer as they’re probably the same person. 

Edited by Corona smith

I mentioned the lack of DD #26 Cover A on eBay last week. None really left at cover price, and it looks like some have been selling for around $20. Just an FYI if your LCS has copies when you make your trip this week.

Link

45 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I mentioned the lack of DD #26 Cover A on eBay last week. None really left at cover price, and it looks like some have been selling for around $20. Just an FYI if your LCS has copies when you make your trip this week.

Link

What would Daredevil 323 be worth if it came out today? $20-30+ 

sad it typically isn't worth more than a $1