• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I thought the reason people gravitated towards Love is Love over the other appearances was that it was the first official appearance in a comic book as it was authorized.

Also, wasn't the Harry Potter character a rip off of a Sandman character?

Not that I've ever heard. Are you just thinking of Gaiman in general which would be his Books of Magic series that has been discussed?

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I thought the reason people gravitated towards Love is Love over the other appearances was that it was the first official appearance in a comic book as it was authorized.

You are correct.  All of the other supposed "appearances" were never authorized by JK Rowling.  There were some rumblings of a lawsuit over Mystic #15....no idea what happened.

Just flip the Mystic 15 and be done with it. 

This isn't the 1st time its been brought up. Spec sites are just featuring it
now along with that Love book. 

In a world now  where Thunderstrike is now selling nothing should surprise
you anymore. 

Edited by fastballspecial

9 minutes ago, comixry said:

Are there multiple prints of Love is Love? I see 2nd printings on eBay but prices seem relatively same to 1st prints.

I think there are up to six printings. There's some controversy as to whether the 2nd print came out before the 1st (I know, weird, I dunno), but somebody else probably knows better than I do.

3 hours ago, comixry said:

Are there multiple prints of Love is Love? I see 2nd printings on eBay but prices seem relatively same to 1st prints.

2 hours ago, pkveronese said:

I think there are up to six printings. There's some controversy as to whether the 2nd print came out before the 1st (I know, weird, I dunno), but somebody else probably knows better than I do.

2nd prints were issued before the 1st's, yes. And one printing had a sticker on the UPC. There is probably a thread on here about when it happened.

Edit:
Some received second prints rather than first prints, due to a perfect storm of delays for the first print and the second print coming early.
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/love-ls-love-speculator-smash-selling-copies-40-ebay/

Thread:

Edited by ygogolak

17 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Then do you really have 2 copies?

I do. Remember that Spawn collection I picked up last summer that had a detailed list of all the books he had. I never touched  those boxes but moved them as i planned to move them as complete runs and not sure exactly where they were placed

10 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
29 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Then do you really have 2 copies?

I do. Remember that Spawn collection I picked up last summer that had a detailed list of all the books he had. I never touched  those boxes but moved them as i planned to move them as complete runs and not sure exactly where they were placed

You still have that list? I hope it's on lined notebook paper.

Didn't you also have a full CrossGen collection you bought?

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Just flip the Mystic 15 and be done with it. 

This isn't the 1st time its been brought up. Spec sites are just featuring it
now along with that Love book. 

In a world now  where Thunderstrike is now selling nothing should surprise
you anymore. 

It never hurts to reiterate good information, especially when bad information gets repeated.

56 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Didn't you also have a full CrossGen collection you bought?

excel spreadsheet

that lot sold a long time ago - i sold the mystic 15 separately 

Edited by jsilverjanet

Eniac #1 is being allocated. I’m to lazy to link it so google it. It’s a very fishy statement from Bad Idea. This was allegedly sent to retailers. 

The whole thing stinks. Especially since they put a limit of one per and it’s been on preorder forever. 

Im sure the first prints will skyrocket so hopefully you get one  

AF2BC47D-4AD7-44D7-81EB-E034BA1FDB45.jpeg

Edited by Corona smith

37 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Eniac #1 is being allocated. I’m to lazy to link it so google it. It’s a very fishy statement from Bad Idea. This was allegedly sent to retailers. 

The whole thing stinks. Especially since they put a limit of one per and it’s been on preorder forever. 

Im sure the first prints will skyrocket so hopefully you get one  

AF2BC47D-4AD7-44D7-81EB-E034BA1FDB45.jpeg

I saw this. It sounded to me like shops were getting in on the spec game and ordering a lot more than what they had orders for. If I get hosed out of a first print, I’m going to be pretty upset.

A Shop’s minimum orders going forward will be based  on this order, and it seems like the Bad Idea guys don’t want to see a repeat of the 90s when shops were sitting on pallets of books and many went under. So I don’t really know where the blame lies here  

I hope my order gets filled. I’m lucky and have two stores near me who are participating, so I’ll probably reach out to the shop I have an order with to make sure it’s being filled. If it isn’t I’ll see if the other is taking orders still. 

Edited by awakeintheashes